SCOTTSDALE, Ariz. — The Scottsdale Convention and Visitors Bureau is doing everything it can to show off as a premier golfing destination.
The “I Love Scottsdale Golf” campaign is backed by golf channel analyst Brandel Chamblee as the official golf ambassador. Print and broadcast ads as well as the ilovescottsdalegolf.com website identify Scottsdale as the place golfers can do a lot more than play a few rounds.
“They’re often coming out to play multiple courses, staying in our resorts and enjoying the other activities that we have for Scottsdale,” Rachel Pearson from the Scottsdale CVB said.
The golf-focused website has been a hit. It has received nearly 20,000 visitors since the campaign launched last July. Golfers can also find information about how to win a trip to Scottsdale for a round of golf with Chamblee.
If the winner happens to be from the Phoenix area, they win a “staycation,” Pearson said.
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon