PHOENIX — As blowing dust rolls through the Valley and much of Arizona Monday, the Arizona Department of Transportation is reminding drivers to stay safe on the roads.
“Put your car in park, turn the lights all the way off, keep your foot off the brake pedal and simply just wait out the dust storm,” Dustin Krugel with ADOT said.
The National Weather Service has a blowing dust and high wind advisory in effect for much of the state through 8 p.m.
Dust is expected to be the worst on Interstate 10 between Phoenix and Casa Grande.
High winds are also expected on Interstate 8 in southern Arizona and Interstate 40 in northern Arizona.
Krugel also suggests drivers tie down large loads so that objects don’t fly out and cause road hazards.
He said delaying travel is sometimes the best idea.
Some additional tips for safe driving can be found at Azdot.gov.
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick