PHOENIX — It’s unusual to have a cold front this strong rolling across the state in April but winds will be strong enough to create dust storms and cause travel problems.
Drivers will be facing reduced visibility on the freeways Monday afternoon with wind gusts of 45 mph, according to the National Weather Service.
“I don’t believe we will see the big dust walls but we will see areas of widespread blowing dust,” said Matthew Hirsch with the National Weather Service, but he believes the brunt of the dust storm will affect travel between Phoenix and Tucson on Interstate 10.
Hirsch added the winds will also send parts of the state into critical fire danger.
“The main threat is going to be across southeastern Arizona but there’s also potential for hazardous conditions in southwestern Arizona.”
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Water tips to save money, help save the Earth
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips
- 7 films that should have won best-picture Oscars
- New plumbing technology saves money and improves your home
- Survey shows Arizona CFOs optimistic about 2016
- How chronic pain can affect your love life
- 5 potential warning signs about your child's development