PHOENIX — It’s unusual to have a cold front this strong rolling across the state in April but winds will be strong enough to create dust storms and cause travel problems.
Drivers will be facing reduced visibility on the freeways Monday afternoon with wind gusts of 45 mph, according to the National Weather Service.
“I don’t believe we will see the big dust walls but we will see areas of widespread blowing dust,” said Matthew Hirsch with the National Weather Service, but he believes the brunt of the dust storm will affect travel between Phoenix and Tucson on Interstate 10.
Hirsch added the winds will also send parts of the state into critical fire danger.
“The main threat is going to be across southeastern Arizona but there’s also potential for hazardous conditions in southwestern Arizona.”
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon