PHOENIX — The weather is heating up and summer is just around the corner, which means kids will be out of school and looking for something to do.
The Boys and Girls Clubs of Metro Phoenix is having camps this summer that will feature sports, field trips, arts, technology, and other special interests to kids. And they won’t cost you much.
“It’s usually no more then $50 a week with our multi-sessions,” said the club’s Jill Johnson.
That price is at 11 of the club’s 12 locations. It’s $56 dollars at the Sands Branch in the West Valley. Financial assistance is available and the prices include breakfast and lunch.
Johnson told KTAR’s Arizona’s Morning News Weekend show the club is starting to register kids this weekend.
“We have a big clubhouse day on April 13th from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m., where you can come in and register your kids early, and you don’t have to worry about it once the camps start,” Johnson said.
The registration will be taking place at all 12 Boys and Girls Club locations in the Valley. You can also register online at
Boys and Girls Clubs of Metropolitan Phoenix.
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths