A missing woman who was stranded on a canyon ledge was rescued on Friday.
Elise Heon was airlifted out of the canyon and transported to waiting medical crews.
According to a release, officials located Heon, 50, approximately 700 feet from the bottom of Oak Creek Canyon after receiving reports Thursday around 8 a.m. of a woman in distress.
Heon was reported missing on Thursday after failing to show up for her 11 a.m. checkout at Junipine Resort. An employee found a number of her personal belongings still in the room without any indication of forced entry.
The Coconino County Sheriff’s Office, Flagstaff and Sedona Fire Departments and the Department of Public Safety Ranger are coordinated the rescue plan.
- 6 tips to create the best family movie night
- New bone marrow procedure holds promise for healing pain
- The best places to celebrate Fall in Phoenix
- Infamous athletes who did the most time for their crimes
- Diet, exercise and aspirin: 3 tools to fight colon cancer
- 2016 baseball highlights, bloopers and blunders
- See how CFOs really feel about business in the Valley
- The best television shows on the internet
- A preseason guide to avoid holiday weight gain
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns