PHOENIX — A man suspected of carrying a weapon and following a teenager onto a school bus has been taken into custody by Phoenix Police.
Jeremy West, 29, was charged with criminal trespass, endangerment and carrying a weapon on school property. West was arrested at his apartment near 25th Avenue and Camelback Road.
The arrest ended two days of “suspicious” behavior by West that included twice approaching a minor and leaving a loaded 9mm magazine on the bus. West had boarded the bus Thursday morning, after following the teenager he had previously attempted to contact.
West got off the bus near Simpson Elementary School. The teenager was on his way to another school.
The day before, the teenager told police that West had offered him cigarettes and drugs.
A school resource officer was told about the bus incident.
Linda Jeffries, spokeswoman for the Alhambra Elementary School District, said in a statement:
Our utmost concern is student safety and so we will continue to review our procedures and continue to provide training to all of our employees to ensure that our students continue to have a safe ride to and from school.
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon