The juror dismissed from the Jodi Arias trial spoke with media for the first time since her dismissal on Thursday.
According to KPHO, Juror 5 returned to the trial as a spectator on Thursday.
“It was a different experience definitely, but I was glad that I came back, that I was able to come back, and you know, be part of it again, so I’m looking forward to giving my interview and say my side of the story and go out there and say what really happened, but I need to get home first and talk to my legal advisers and go from there,” juror No. 5 said in an interview with CBS 5 News.
In an interview with News/Talk 92.3 KTAR’s Mac & Gaydos, the reporter who interviewed Juror 5, Elizabeth Erwin, said the juror’s appearance on the public side of the courtroom should not cause a mistrial.
“It won’t,” Erwin said. “The judge was really specific with the jurors and said ‘look we know you know her, you need to stay away from her until after the trial.'”
Erwin said the juror’s appearance caused a major disturbance in the trial and Judge Sherry Stephens made a point that other jurors should not speak to her.
“They’re making it a point to keep the current jurors from Juror No. 5, and there’s no gag order, she’s allowed to talk to whoever she wants so she has free rein to do what she wants and it really doesn’t affect the trial at this point,” Erwin said.
Juror 5 was dismissed from the trial after she was accused of possibly influencing other juror’s thought processes.
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- ‘Supernatural’ TV show convention comes to Arizona
- Jan Brewer thinks Paul Penzone will have tough time beating Sheriff Joe Arpaio
- Mac & Gaydos joined by Burmese python after losing March Madness bet
- Mac and Gaydos deliver pizzas to winning class in REDucation contest
- Civil rights activist wants Phoenix-area NAACP boss to step down after incident