The juror dismissed from the Jodi Arias trial spoke with media for the first time since her dismissal on Thursday.
According to KPHO, Juror 5 returned to the trial as a spectator on Thursday.
“It was a different experience definitely, but I was glad that I came back, that I was able to come back, and you know, be part of it again, so I’m looking forward to giving my interview and say my side of the story and go out there and say what really happened, but I need to get home first and talk to my legal advisers and go from there,” juror No. 5 said in an interview with CBS 5 News.
In an interview with News/Talk 92.3 KTAR’s Mac & Gaydos, the reporter who interviewed Juror 5, Elizabeth Erwin, said the juror’s appearance on the public side of the courtroom should not cause a mistrial.
“It won’t,” Erwin said. “The judge was really specific with the jurors and said ‘look we know you know her, you need to stay away from her until after the trial.'”
Erwin said the juror’s appearance caused a major disturbance in the trial and Judge Sherry Stephens made a point that other jurors should not speak to her.
“They’re making it a point to keep the current jurors from Juror No. 5, and there’s no gag order, she’s allowed to talk to whoever she wants so she has free rein to do what she wants and it really doesn’t affect the trial at this point,” Erwin said.
Juror 5 was dismissed from the trial after she was accused of possibly influencing other juror’s thought processes.
- Affordable small home makeovers for Mother's Day
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips
- 7 films that should have won best-picture Oscars
- New plumbing technology saves money and improves your home
- Survey shows Arizona CFOs optimistic about 2016
- How chronic pain can affect your love life
- Jan Brewer thinks Paul Penzone will have tough time beating Sheriff Joe Arpaio
- Mac & Gaydos joined by Burmese python after losing March Madness bet
- Mac and Gaydos deliver pizzas to winning class in REDucation contest
- Civil rights activist wants Phoenix-area NAACP boss to step down after incident
- Cindy McCain talks Syrians refugees’ plight, trafficking in Arizona