This movie has it all: An all-star cast, a great director, it even has Bill Murray!
But it really fails to go anywhere.
I thought the film had a lot of promise, but it’s just disappointing. “Rock the Kasbah” follows a former promoter — who’s basically washed up — who helps organize a USO trip to Afghanistan. I think you can see where this is going.
Murray still has a few funny lines in the movie, but overall, “Rock the Kasbah” just failed to deliver. I wish I could say it was better, because I’m a huge Bill Murry fan!
- Special Bruce St. James, Pamela Hughes show to focus on gun violence
- Intense third act struggles to save clunky hero tale ‘The 15:17 to Paris’
- Creative ‘Paddington 2’ a clever piece of family-friendly British wit
- Routine ‘Daddy’s Home 2’ is good for a few laughs, but not much else
- ‘Only the Brave’ stars discuss playing fallen Granite Mountain Hotshots