This movie has it all: An all-star cast, a great director, it even has Bill Murray!
But it really fails to go anywhere.
I thought the film had a lot of promise, but it’s just disappointing. “Rock the Kasbah” follows a former promoter — who’s basically washed up — who helps organize a USO trip to Afghanistan. I think you can see where this is going.
Murray still has a few funny lines in the movie, but overall, “Rock the Kasbah” just failed to deliver. I wish I could say it was better, because I’m a huge Bill Murry fan!
Bruce St. James & Pamela Hughes
- How saying ‘thank you’ can help prevent teen suicide
- Review: ‘A Dog’s Way Home’ is saccharine and sentimental
- ‘Holmes & Watson’ starring Ferrell, Reilly is a clueless mess
- Dark comic biopic ‘Vice’ takes aim at former Vice President Dick Cheney
- If you hate what Michael Bay did to ‘Transformers,’ you’ll love ‘Bumblebee’