PHOENIX — Finding and qualifying for affordable housing are some of the biggest challenges that veterans face when they return home or retire from military duty, according to Chicanos Por La Causa.
That’s why they’ve developed programs created especially for veterans, which address the obstacles to homeownership.
“It’s our commitment to our veterans for the service they’ve given and we owe it to them,” said CeCe San Diego, director of Neighborhood Stabilization Program II of Arizona.
San Diego said there a lot of programs in existence that would make the home buying process significantly easier for active-duty and retired veterans.
“A lot of veterans don’t know how to access VA benefits available to buy a home, they might not know there are home-buyers assistance programs or they might not know that there are homes available only for veterans,” she said.
Veterans who are interested in affordable house should attend the Second Annual Arizona Homebuyers Expo, presented by CPLC. It’s happening Saturday, April 13, from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. at the Phoenix Convention Center. Attendees will receive information on pre home-purchase counseling and homebuyer education classes, homes for sale, and financing options.
The event is open to anyone interested in buying a house, however, there will be an area dedicated to military members.
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.