PHOENIX — Finding and qualifying for affordable housing are some of the biggest challenges that veterans face when they return home or retire from military duty, according to Chicanos Por La Causa.
That’s why they’ve developed programs created especially for veterans, which address the obstacles to homeownership.
“It’s our commitment to our veterans for the service they’ve given and we owe it to them,” said CeCe San Diego, director of Neighborhood Stabilization Program II of Arizona.
San Diego said there a lot of programs in existence that would make the home buying process significantly easier for active-duty and retired veterans.
“A lot of veterans don’t know how to access VA benefits available to buy a home, they might not know there are home-buyers assistance programs or they might not know that there are homes available only for veterans,” she said.
Veterans who are interested in affordable house should attend the Second Annual Arizona Homebuyers Expo, presented by CPLC. It’s happening Saturday, April 13, from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. at the Phoenix Convention Center. Attendees will receive information on pre home-purchase counseling and homebuyer education classes, homes for sale, and financing options.
The event is open to anyone interested in buying a house, however, there will be an area dedicated to military members.
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips
- 7 films that should have won best-picture Oscars
- New plumbing technology saves money and improves your home
- Survey shows Arizona CFOs optimistic about 2016
- How chronic pain can affect your love life
- 5 potential warning signs about your child's development