PHOENIX — Finding and qualifying for affordable housing are some of the biggest challenges that veterans face when they return home or retire from military duty, according to Chicanos Por La Causa.
That’s why they’ve developed programs created especially for veterans, which address the obstacles to homeownership.
“It’s our commitment to our veterans for the service they’ve given and we owe it to them,” said CeCe San Diego, director of Neighborhood Stabilization Program II of Arizona.
San Diego said there a lot of programs in existence that would make the home buying process significantly easier for active-duty and retired veterans.
“A lot of veterans don’t know how to access VA benefits available to buy a home, they might not know there are home-buyers assistance programs or they might not know that there are homes available only for veterans,” she said.
Veterans who are interested in affordable house should attend the Second Annual Arizona Homebuyers Expo, presented by CPLC. It’s happening Saturday, April 13, from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. at the Phoenix Convention Center. Attendees will receive information on pre home-purchase counseling and homebuyer education classes, homes for sale, and financing options.
The event is open to anyone interested in buying a house, however, there will be an area dedicated to military members.
- 7 common ways to get sued by your employees
- Why it might be time to upgrade your toilet
- Arizona teachers are building a better future by using technology in the classroom
- How to make summer reading fun for the whole family
- How to find relief for chronic joint pain
- Can the NBA Lottery save the Suns?
- Skip Urgent Care: 5 ailments you can treat with telemedicine
- Skin Cancer in Arizona: Stats, facts and new immunotherapy drugs making strides
- Distracted walking injuries end up not so funny
- Scary situations: 5 quick tips before you let a contractor in your home
- Four ways telemedicine is changing the health care industry
- 5 mistakes homeowners make in the spring
- Three rivers run through it: Exploring Arizona's waterways
- Smart home basics: things you need to know to get started
- 5 Surprising things causing back pain
- Arizona agriculture is a $17.1B industry
- Timeline: Arizona's roots in brewing history
- 5 reasons to love the D-backs this season
- Tips for taking your home entertainment experience to the backyard
- Tech-related injuries your parents never experienced
- Workers comp: Signs your co-worker could be a fraud
- Who's the real founder of America's pastime?
- Epidemic rising? What you need to know about Alzheimer's in Arizona
- 5 unforgettable Wooden Award winners
- Family and hard work are keys to success of modern dairy farmers
- Genetic testing could hold answers for colon cancer survival
- Cold beers and baseball: A beer lover's guide to Spring Training
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments