The parents of Jodi Arias claimed their daughter dealt with “mental problems” and was “strange” when authorities interviewed them two months after Travis Alexander’s murder.
According to ABC News, the 32-year-old’s parents found out their daughter’s impending murder charge in the very interrogation room where Arias did headstands prior to being questioned in Yreka, Calif.
Arias’ mother, Sandy, explained that although she had “mental problems,” she does not believe her daughter killed Alexander. Arias told her mother she was in Utah when her ex-boyfriend was killed in Mesa, Ariz.
“I asked her. I ask her because that’s the first thing I ask her. She swore she did not go to Arizona. So, of course I believed her. You know, but I questioned her about it,” Sandy Arias said.
Arias’ father described his daughter’s persona as “strange,” noting there were specific instances that solidified his suspicions of her bizarre behaviors.
“Sometimes she’d call real sweet, and 10 minutes later, she’d call in a rage, you know, just screaming at my wife. She did that over the last year and a half,” William Arias said.
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments
- Here’s why Gaydos went tankless with his water heater
- 12 things to watch before the Oscars
- Bocce ball and basketball: How you can help Arizona's Special Olympics athletes
- Tips on building the best wine room in Arizona
- Avoid the nightmare: 6 tips to choose a great contractor
- Breast cancer: Improved testing and treatments means more survivors
- Best and worst of Super Bowl commercials
- Failed back surgery: New hope for patients living in pain
- Ticking time bombs: Telltale signs your water heater is about to explode
- Reading glasses could be a thing of the past
- 6 cool ways teachers are using technology in the classroom
- Emerging tech jobs in Phoenix and how to get one in 2017
- 4 top treatments athletes use for pain
- Emergency! What to do when bathrooms flood
- Operation Santa Claus needs holiday help
- This college bowl season is likely to be epic
- Arizona kids in crisis: How you can help
- 11 holiday classics for the ultimate movie marathon
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- The new beer pairing guide for holiday foods
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- New treatments mean better prostate cancer survival rates
- 5 of the scariest things found in drains
- 6 tips to create the best family movie night