The parents of Jodi Arias claimed their daughter dealt with “mental problems” and was “strange” when authorities interviewed them two months after Travis Alexander’s murder.
According to ABC News, the 32-year-old’s parents found out their daughter’s impending murder charge in the very interrogation room where Arias did headstands prior to being questioned in Yreka, Calif.
Arias’ mother, Sandy, explained that although she had “mental problems,” she does not believe her daughter killed Alexander. Arias told her mother she was in Utah when her ex-boyfriend was killed in Mesa, Ariz.
“I asked her. I ask her because that’s the first thing I ask her. She swore she did not go to Arizona. So, of course I believed her. You know, but I questioned her about it,” Sandy Arias said.
Arias’ father described his daughter’s persona as “strange,” noting there were specific instances that solidified his suspicions of her bizarre behaviors.
“Sometimes she’d call real sweet, and 10 minutes later, she’d call in a rage, you know, just screaming at my wife. She did that over the last year and a half,” William Arias said.
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them