The parents of Jodi Arias claimed their daughter dealt with “mental problems” and was “strange” when authorities interviewed them two months after Travis Alexander’s murder.
According to ABC News, the 32-year-old’s parents found out their daughter’s impending murder charge in the very interrogation room where Arias did headstands prior to being questioned in Yreka, Calif.
Arias’ mother, Sandy, explained that although she had “mental problems,” she does not believe her daughter killed Alexander. Arias told her mother she was in Utah when her ex-boyfriend was killed in Mesa, Ariz.
“I asked her. I ask her because that’s the first thing I ask her. She swore she did not go to Arizona. So, of course I believed her. You know, but I questioned her about it,” Sandy Arias said.
Arias’ father described his daughter’s persona as “strange,” noting there were specific instances that solidified his suspicions of her bizarre behaviors.
“Sometimes she’d call real sweet, and 10 minutes later, she’d call in a rage, you know, just screaming at my wife. She did that over the last year and a half,” William Arias said.
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.