The parents of Jodi Arias claimed their daughter dealt with “mental problems” and was “strange” when authorities interviewed them two months after Travis Alexander’s murder.
According to ABC News, the 32-year-old’s parents found out their daughter’s impending murder charge in the very interrogation room where Arias did headstands prior to being questioned in Yreka, Calif.
Arias’ mother, Sandy, explained that although she had “mental problems,” she does not believe her daughter killed Alexander. Arias told her mother she was in Utah when her ex-boyfriend was killed in Mesa, Ariz.
“I asked her. I ask her because that’s the first thing I ask her. She swore she did not go to Arizona. So, of course I believed her. You know, but I questioned her about it,” Sandy Arias said.
Arias’ father described his daughter’s persona as “strange,” noting there were specific instances that solidified his suspicions of her bizarre behaviors.
“Sometimes she’d call real sweet, and 10 minutes later, she’d call in a rage, you know, just screaming at my wife. She did that over the last year and a half,” William Arias said.
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Water tips to save money, help save the Earth
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips
- 7 films that should have won best-picture Oscars
- New plumbing technology saves money and improves your home
- Survey shows Arizona CFOs optimistic about 2016
- How chronic pain can affect your love life
- 5 potential warning signs about your child's development