Arizona’s Cactus League set an attendance record after totaling of over 1.7 million fans for the 2013 spring training season.
According to a release, the overall turnout increased by approximately 20,000 fans during the 37-day period at 10 stadiums.
“Attendance continues to grow year after year as baseball fans around the country realize the convenience of being able to watch 15 Major League baseball teams training in a single metropolitan area,” said Mark Coronado, President of the Cactus League Association.
Of the 255 games played, three in particular finished with single-game highs by the end of the season last Saturday.
Goodyear Ballpark’s March 16 game, featuring the San Francisco Giants vs. the Cleveland Indians, drew its highest numbers in its 5-year history with 11,023 fans. The Chicago White Sox vs. Los Angeles Dodgers matchup on March 23 accommodated a Cactus League record 13,721 fans. The March 25 game between the Giants and the Chicago Cubs hosted the Cactus League’s 12th-best attendance in history with 13,374 fans.
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.