Arizona’s Cactus League set an attendance record after totaling of over 1.7 million fans for the 2013 spring training season.
According to a release, the overall turnout increased by approximately 20,000 fans during the 37-day period at 10 stadiums.
“Attendance continues to grow year after year as baseball fans around the country realize the convenience of being able to watch 15 Major League baseball teams training in a single metropolitan area,” said Mark Coronado, President of the Cactus League Association.
Of the 255 games played, three in particular finished with single-game highs by the end of the season last Saturday.
Goodyear Ballpark’s March 16 game, featuring the San Francisco Giants vs. the Cleveland Indians, drew its highest numbers in its 5-year history with 11,023 fans. The Chicago White Sox vs. Los Angeles Dodgers matchup on March 23 accommodated a Cactus League record 13,721 fans. The March 25 game between the Giants and the Chicago Cubs hosted the Cactus League’s 12th-best attendance in history with 13,374 fans.
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Water tips to save money, help save the Earth
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips
- 7 films that should have won best-picture Oscars
- New plumbing technology saves money and improves your home
- Survey shows Arizona CFOs optimistic about 2016
- How chronic pain can affect your love life
- 5 potential warning signs about your child's development