CHANDLER, Ariz. — Discount shoppers rejoice. The 90-store Phoenix Premium Outlets had its grand opening on Thursday.
Located off Interstate 10 next to the Wild Horse Pass Casino, the outlet mall features designer brands, jewelry shops, luggage stores and more.
The outlet’s Indianapolis-based parent company operates 76 Premium Outlets around the globe, including 63 in the United States. Spokeswoman Michele Rothstein said this is its first Arizona outlet.
“We looked at our demographics and where people were coming from, and we had lots of people coming all the way out to the California desert to shop,” Rothstein said.
“They kept saying, ‘Bring what you do to this area’ and so we have.”
The outlet brought about 800 jobs to the Valley, according to Rothstein. It’s also expected to generate about $8 million a year in sales-tax revenue.
- Infamous athletes who did the most time for their crimes
- 2016 baseball highlights, bloopers and blunders
- See how CFOs really feel about business in the Valley
- The best television shows on the internet
- A preseason guide to avoid holiday weight gain
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee