CHANDLER, Ariz. — Discount shoppers rejoice. The 90-store Phoenix Premium Outlets had its grand opening on Thursday.
Located off Interstate 10 next to the Wild Horse Pass Casino, the outlet mall features designer brands, jewelry shops, luggage stores and more.
The outlet’s Indianapolis-based parent company operates 76 Premium Outlets around the globe, including 63 in the United States. Spokeswoman Michele Rothstein said this is its first Arizona outlet.
“We looked at our demographics and where people were coming from, and we had lots of people coming all the way out to the California desert to shop,” Rothstein said.
“They kept saying, ‘Bring what you do to this area’ and so we have.”
The outlet brought about 800 jobs to the Valley, according to Rothstein. It’s also expected to generate about $8 million a year in sales-tax revenue.
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon