A well-known Phoenician is set to appear in a play supporting gay rights.
According to the Phoenix Business Journal, Cindy McCain, wife of Sen. John McCain, will appear in “8”, a play that centers on Arizona’s same-sex marriage prohibition.
Although her husband is strongly against laws supporting same-sex marriage, McCain has been a vocal advocate for gay marriage.
The play is part of a national tour that’s had readings all over the country, including notable performances by actors such as George Clooney and Jamie Lee Curtis participating in the Los Angeles production.
The play is being produced in Phoenix by the Arizona Theatre Co. and former Tempe mayor Neil Giuliano. It was written by Dustin Lance Black, who won an Oscar for his “Milk” screenplay.
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments
- Here’s why Gaydos went tankless with his water heater
- 12 things to watch before the Oscars
- Bocce ball and basketball: How you can help Arizona's Special Olympics athletes
- Tips on building the best wine room in Arizona
- Avoid the nightmare: 6 tips to choose a great contractor
- Breast cancer: Improved testing and treatments means more survivors
- Best and worst of Super Bowl commercials
- Failed back surgery: New hope for patients living in pain
- Ticking time bombs: Telltale signs your water heater is about to explode
- Reading glasses could be a thing of the past
- 6 cool ways teachers are using technology in the classroom
- Emerging tech jobs in Phoenix and how to get one in 2017
- 4 top treatments athletes use for pain
- Emergency! What to do when bathrooms flood
- Operation Santa Claus needs holiday help
- This college bowl season is likely to be epic
- Arizona kids in crisis: How you can help
- 11 holiday classics for the ultimate movie marathon
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- The new beer pairing guide for holiday foods
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- New treatments mean better prostate cancer survival rates
- 5 of the scariest things found in drains
- 6 tips to create the best family movie night
- New bone marrow procedure holds promise for healing pain
- Infamous athletes who did the most time for their crimes