A well-known Phoenician is set to appear in a play supporting gay rights.
According to the Phoenix Business Journal, Cindy McCain, wife of Sen. John McCain, will appear in “8”, a play that centers on Arizona’s same-sex marriage prohibition.
Although her husband is strongly against laws supporting same-sex marriage, McCain has been a vocal advocate for gay marriage.
The play is part of a national tour that’s had readings all over the country, including notable performances by actors such as George Clooney and Jamie Lee Curtis participating in the Los Angeles production.
The play is being produced in Phoenix by the Arizona Theatre Co. and former Tempe mayor Neil Giuliano. It was written by Dustin Lance Black, who won an Oscar for his “Milk” screenplay.
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Water tips to save money, help save the Earth
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips
- 7 films that should have won best-picture Oscars
- New plumbing technology saves money and improves your home
- Survey shows Arizona CFOs optimistic about 2016
- How chronic pain can affect your love life
- 5 potential warning signs about your child's development