A well-known Phoenician is set to appear in a play supporting gay rights.
According to the Phoenix Business Journal, Cindy McCain, wife of Sen. John McCain, will appear in “8”, a play that centers on Arizona’s same-sex marriage prohibition.
Although her husband is strongly against laws supporting same-sex marriage, McCain has been a vocal advocate for gay marriage.
The play is part of a national tour that’s had readings all over the country, including notable performances by actors such as George Clooney and Jamie Lee Curtis participating in the Los Angeles production.
The play is being produced in Phoenix by the Arizona Theatre Co. and former Tempe mayor Neil Giuliano. It was written by Dustin Lance Black, who won an Oscar for his “Milk” screenplay.
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy