Chrysler, Ford, GM, Honda all saw gains in March in the Valley.
Car sales nationwide reached the highest level since August 2007, not long before the nation’s economy went into a deep recession. March is typically strong for auto dealers because of people putting tax refunds into a new vehicle, but Scott Gruwell with Courtesy Chevrolet said at least part of the big boost in sales can be traced to the housing recovery because construction companies that have been babying some old trucks are now more willing to spend money on a new one.
“We have seen a substantial amount of contractors replacing vehicles that are frankly worn out. Construction is starting to move again.”
Some of the trade-ins have 200,000 miles.
Gruwell said Ford 150s, Chevy Silverados and Dodge Ram trucks are leading the way in sales across the Valley.
Autodata said 1.5 million cars and trucks were sold nationally in March, 3.4 percent above March 2012. Gruwell said his sales are up by 12 percent from last year and by almost 300 percent from March 2009.
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon