MESA, Ariz. — The popular CBS reality show “Undercover Boss” will serve up some more action from the Valley on Friday night.
Cameras from the show visited the Mesa location of the fast-food chain Fatburger for a one day shoot several months ago. They filmed company CEO Andy Wiederhorn in disguise, telling employees he had to go through training to run his own restaurant.
“It was way surreal,” said Steve Zeimer, manager of the Mesa location. “You’ve got cameras constantly in your face trying to see around the business, and you’re also trying to do what you do and make sure the customers are taken care of while trying to train this guy, it was a little weird to say the least”.
Zeimer said when they learned the person they were training was Wiederhorn it came as a shock. He’s happy Wiederhorn followed through on a promise he made after his visit: Starting up an employee recognition and feedback program.
“It wasn’t just for show. He’s definitely trying to make changes and make things better and make everybody feel a little more appreciated”.
Fatburger operates six locations in Arizona. The episode airs Friday at 7 p.m.
- The best places to celebrate Fall in Phoenix
- Infamous athletes who did the most time for their crimes
- 2016 baseball highlights, bloopers and blunders
- See how CFOs really feel about business in the Valley
- The best television shows on the internet
- A preseason guide to avoid holiday weight gain
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier