MESA, Ariz. — The popular CBS reality show “Undercover Boss” will serve up some more action from the Valley on Friday night.
Cameras from the show visited the Mesa location of the fast-food chain Fatburger for a one day shoot several months ago. They filmed company CEO Andy Wiederhorn in disguise, telling employees he had to go through training to run his own restaurant.
“It was way surreal,” said Steve Zeimer, manager of the Mesa location. “You’ve got cameras constantly in your face trying to see around the business, and you’re also trying to do what you do and make sure the customers are taken care of while trying to train this guy, it was a little weird to say the least”.
Zeimer said when they learned the person they were training was Wiederhorn it came as a shock. He’s happy Wiederhorn followed through on a promise he made after his visit: Starting up an employee recognition and feedback program.
“It wasn’t just for show. He’s definitely trying to make changes and make things better and make everybody feel a little more appreciated”.
Fatburger operates six locations in Arizona. The episode airs Friday at 7 p.m.
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments
- Here’s why Gaydos went tankless with his water heater
- 12 things to watch before the Oscars
- Bocce ball and basketball: How you can help Arizona's Special Olympics athletes
- Tips on building the best wine room in Arizona
- Avoid the nightmare: 6 tips to choose a great contractor
- Breast cancer: Improved testing and treatments means more survivors
- Best and worst of Super Bowl commercials
- Failed back surgery: New hope for patients living in pain
- Ticking time bombs: Telltale signs your water heater is about to explode
- Reading glasses could be a thing of the past
- 6 cool ways teachers are using technology in the classroom
- Emerging tech jobs in Phoenix and how to get one in 2017
- 4 top treatments athletes use for pain
- Emergency! What to do when bathrooms flood
- Operation Santa Claus needs holiday help
- This college bowl season is likely to be epic
- Arizona kids in crisis: How you can help
- 11 holiday classics for the ultimate movie marathon
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- The new beer pairing guide for holiday foods
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- New treatments mean better prostate cancer survival rates
- 5 of the scariest things found in drains
- 6 tips to create the best family movie night