The financial crisis had at least one positive effect: it influenced almost half of Americans to start emergency savings, according to an article by Time.
Even as the economy starts to improve, nearly half of those surveyed by Fidelity said they are still saving more, reducing debt and building an emergency fund.
Of those who have made financial changes, 78 percent say they are permanent because they created a new finance strategy. The increased financial changes have left those saving feeling less scared.
When the crisis first hit, 64 percent of people said they were frightened and 45 percent said they were prepared. Now, 61 percent say they are prepared, while only 45 percent say they are scared.
Those surveyed came from households with investments. On a broader scale, the findings may not be so positive, according to the Time article.
Some indicators show savings have declined. Either way, just as the Great Depression inspired financial frugality for years, the recession may have had a similar effect.
- 6 tips to create the best family movie night
- New bone marrow procedure holds promise for healing pain
- The best places to celebrate Fall in Phoenix
- Infamous athletes who did the most time for their crimes
- Diet, exercise and aspirin: 3 tools to fight colon cancer
- 2016 baseball highlights, bloopers and blunders
- See how CFOs really feel about business in the Valley
- The best television shows on the internet
- A preseason guide to avoid holiday weight gain
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns