PHOENIX — Arizona lawmakers have voted to salute cowboys past and present with their own special day on the fourth Saturday of July each year.
It’s not just for cowboys, it’s for cowgirls like Kelsey Bradshaw of Heber, Ariz. too.
“Cowboys, cowgirls, anybody that likes to wear cowboy boots. Ranchers, farmers and pioneers too. Anybody with the cowboy spirit,” she said.
And National Day of the Cowboy isn’t just a salute to those who helped build Arizona from the saddle, it’s to honor men and women who still live the life
“The cattleman, farmers and ranchers of today need our support with legislation so they can continue that lifestyle and future generations can benefit,” said Bradshaw.
Bradshaw expects that Arizona will launch the holiday this July in style.
“Anything from private parties, parades, festivals, rodeos. Many of these events are already in existence in Arizona.”
Arizona is the fourth state in the nation to have a special day to honor cowboys.
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Water tips to save money, help save the Earth
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips
- 7 films that should have won best-picture Oscars
- New plumbing technology saves money and improves your home
- Survey shows Arizona CFOs optimistic about 2016
- How chronic pain can affect your love life
- 5 potential warning signs about your child's development