PHOENIX — Arizona lawmakers have voted to salute cowboys past and present with their own special day on the fourth Saturday of July each year.
It’s not just for cowboys, it’s for cowgirls like Kelsey Bradshaw of Heber, Ariz. too.
“Cowboys, cowgirls, anybody that likes to wear cowboy boots. Ranchers, farmers and pioneers too. Anybody with the cowboy spirit,” she said.
And National Day of the Cowboy isn’t just a salute to those who helped build Arizona from the saddle, it’s to honor men and women who still live the life
“The cattleman, farmers and ranchers of today need our support with legislation so they can continue that lifestyle and future generations can benefit,” said Bradshaw.
Bradshaw expects that Arizona will launch the holiday this July in style.
“Anything from private parties, parades, festivals, rodeos. Many of these events are already in existence in Arizona.”
Arizona is the fourth state in the nation to have a special day to honor cowboys.
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments
- Here’s why Gaydos went tankless with his water heater
- 12 things to watch before the Oscars
- Bocce ball and basketball: How you can help Arizona's Special Olympics athletes
- Tips on building the best wine room in Arizona
- Avoid the nightmare: 6 tips to choose a great contractor
- Breast cancer: Improved testing and treatments means more survivors
- Best and worst of Super Bowl commercials
- Failed back surgery: New hope for patients living in pain
- Ticking time bombs: Telltale signs your water heater is about to explode
- Reading glasses could be a thing of the past
- 6 cool ways teachers are using technology in the classroom
- Emerging tech jobs in Phoenix and how to get one in 2017
- 4 top treatments athletes use for pain
- Emergency! What to do when bathrooms flood
- Operation Santa Claus needs holiday help
- This college bowl season is likely to be epic
- Arizona kids in crisis: How you can help
- 11 holiday classics for the ultimate movie marathon
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- The new beer pairing guide for holiday foods
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- New treatments mean better prostate cancer survival rates
- 5 of the scariest things found in drains
- 6 tips to create the best family movie night