People make bad decisions. This list of bad tattoos is proof of that. The teenage brain is especially susceptible to bad decisions, which is a good reason to talk your teen out of getting a permanent tattoo. We all do dumb things. We don’t want them on display the rest of our lives.
Here are 8 arguments to keep your teen tattoo-free.
1.Your tastes will change. You may love your cartoon characters now, but are you willing to stick with them for the next half century? Perhaps it’s a favorite sports team or athlete you want to immortalize. Well, people (and teams) find new homes. Someone may be rethinking this Seattle SuperSonics tattoo. And, heroes can let you down. This person may no longer be a fan of Lance Armstrong.
2. Fads come and go. So you’re a true Twihard and want a tattoo of Edward to show your undying devotion? In 15 to 20 years, Edward may not seem so cool. I wonder if the person with this tattoo is still as enamored with Patrick Swayze as they used to be? Bottom line: You don’t want to have to explain who’s the tattooed head on your back, then still get blank stares.
3. Your future spouse may hate it. It could be your true love is not a fan of Pee Wee Herman, or Nascar. He or she may not want another person’s name or face on your arm. Even if, you think you’ll be together forever, an unflattering rendition of your honey could lead to trouble in paradise.
4. Some tattoo artists can’t spell. You don’t want your spelling mistakes immortalized for future teachers and spelling bee contestants to poke fun at like the ones on this list. http://badtattooidea.com/misspelled/.
5. A tattoo can keep you from getting the job you want. Some tattoos are hard to cover and can turn people off. It could prevent you from getting a job that requires working with the public. Tattoos can also reveal desires and attitudes an employer may misconstrue as poor work ethic.
6.You want people to remember you — not your tattoo. You don’t want to be known as the guy with the monkey head or the girl with the shark on her armpit. Don’t let your tattoo eclipse the many wonderful things about you.
7. There are health risks associated with tattooing. The risks associated with getting tattoos include, allergic reactions to the ink, scarring, skin infections and blood borne diseases. Not all tattoo parlors keep sanitary conditions. Never have a friend or acquaintance tattoo you in their home.
8. Tattoos are expensive to remove. Tattoo removal is a painful and expensive process. It takes many sessions of treatment with varying levels of success. It’s best not to make the mistake in the first place.
Your teen or young adult may think getting a tattoo is the cool thing to do, but it's a decision he will have to live with for the rest of his life. Often, with unconsidered consequences. Tattooing should wait for a little maturity.
- The best places to celebrate Fall in Phoenix
- Infamous athletes who did the most time for their crimes
- 2016 baseball highlights, bloopers and blunders
- See how CFOs really feel about business in the Valley
- The best television shows on the internet
- A preseason guide to avoid holiday weight gain
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier