People make bad decisions. This list of bad tattoos is proof of that. The teenage brain is especially susceptible to bad decisions, which is a good reason to talk your teen out of getting a permanent tattoo. We all do dumb things. We don’t want them on display the rest of our lives.
Here are 8 arguments to keep your teen tattoo-free.
1.Your tastes will change. You may love your cartoon characters now, but are you willing to stick with them for the next half century? Perhaps it’s a favorite sports team or athlete you want to immortalize. Well, people (and teams) find new homes. Someone may be rethinking this Seattle SuperSonics tattoo. And, heroes can let you down. This person may no longer be a fan of Lance Armstrong.
2. Fads come and go. So you’re a true Twihard and want a tattoo of Edward to show your undying devotion? In 15 to 20 years, Edward may not seem so cool. I wonder if the person with this tattoo is still as enamored with Patrick Swayze as they used to be? Bottom line: You don’t want to have to explain who’s the tattooed head on your back, then still get blank stares.
3. Your future spouse may hate it. It could be your true love is not a fan of Pee Wee Herman, or Nascar. He or she may not want another person’s name or face on your arm. Even if, you think you’ll be together forever, an unflattering rendition of your honey could lead to trouble in paradise.
4. Some tattoo artists can’t spell. You don’t want your spelling mistakes immortalized for future teachers and spelling bee contestants to poke fun at like the ones on this list. http://badtattooidea.com/misspelled/.
5. A tattoo can keep you from getting the job you want. Some tattoos are hard to cover and can turn people off. It could prevent you from getting a job that requires working with the public. Tattoos can also reveal desires and attitudes an employer may misconstrue as poor work ethic.
6.You want people to remember you — not your tattoo. You don’t want to be known as the guy with the monkey head or the girl with the shark on her armpit. Don’t let your tattoo eclipse the many wonderful things about you.
7. There are health risks associated with tattooing. The risks associated with getting tattoos include, allergic reactions to the ink, scarring, skin infections and blood borne diseases. Not all tattoo parlors keep sanitary conditions. Never have a friend or acquaintance tattoo you in their home.
8. Tattoos are expensive to remove. Tattoo removal is a painful and expensive process. It takes many sessions of treatment with varying levels of success. It’s best not to make the mistake in the first place.
Your teen or young adult may think getting a tattoo is the cool thing to do, but it's a decision he will have to live with for the rest of his life. Often, with unconsidered consequences. Tattooing should wait for a little maturity.
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments
- Here’s why Gaydos went tankless with his water heater
- 12 things to watch before the Oscars
- Bocce ball and basketball: How you can help Arizona's Special Olympics athletes
- Tips on building the best wine room in Arizona
- Avoid the nightmare: 6 tips to choose a great contractor
- Breast cancer: Improved testing and treatments means more survivors
- Best and worst of Super Bowl commercials
- Failed back surgery: New hope for patients living in pain
- Ticking time bombs: Telltale signs your water heater is about to explode
- Reading glasses could be a thing of the past
- 6 cool ways teachers are using technology in the classroom
- Emerging tech jobs in Phoenix and how to get one in 2017
- 4 top treatments athletes use for pain
- Emergency! What to do when bathrooms flood
- Operation Santa Claus needs holiday help
- This college bowl season is likely to be epic
- Arizona kids in crisis: How you can help
- 11 holiday classics for the ultimate movie marathon
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- The new beer pairing guide for holiday foods
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- New treatments mean better prostate cancer survival rates
- 5 of the scariest things found in drains
- 6 tips to create the best family movie night
- New bone marrow procedure holds promise for healing pain