In an effort to enhance convenience for future travelers, US Airways has changed course on where its London-bound planes will land moving forward.
Phoenix Business Journal reported that as of Saturday, the Tempe-based airline switched all nonstop flights to London from Gatwick Airport to Heathrow Airport.
Heathrow is closer to the city of London and offers more connecting flights throughout the United Kingdom, which the airline believed makes it a more efficient hub than Gatwick.
Though there are no direct flights to London from Phoenix, the new flight will begin in Miami, stop at Charlotte and finally land in Heathrow over a span of about 19 hours.
Suzan Boda, an official with the airline, said the new plan is aimed at increasing convenience for all its customers.
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon