In an effort to enhance convenience for future travelers, US Airways has changed course on where its London-bound planes will land moving forward.
Phoenix Business Journal reported that as of Saturday, the Tempe-based airline switched all nonstop flights to London from Gatwick Airport to Heathrow Airport.
Heathrow is closer to the city of London and offers more connecting flights throughout the United Kingdom, which the airline believed makes it a more efficient hub than Gatwick.
Though there are no direct flights to London from Phoenix, the new flight will begin in Miami, stop at Charlotte and finally land in Heathrow over a span of about 19 hours.
Suzan Boda, an official with the airline, said the new plan is aimed at increasing convenience for all its customers.
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments
- Here’s why Gaydos went tankless with his water heater
- 12 things to watch before the Oscars
- Bocce ball and basketball: How you can help Arizona's Special Olympics athletes
- Tips on building the best wine room in Arizona
- Avoid the nightmare: 6 tips to choose a great contractor
- Breast cancer: Improved testing and treatments means more survivors
- Best and worst of Super Bowl commercials
- Failed back surgery: New hope for patients living in pain
- Ticking time bombs: Telltale signs your water heater is about to explode
- Reading glasses could be a thing of the past
- 6 cool ways teachers are using technology in the classroom
- Emerging tech jobs in Phoenix and how to get one in 2017
- 4 top treatments athletes use for pain
- Emergency! What to do when bathrooms flood
- Operation Santa Claus needs holiday help
- This college bowl season is likely to be epic
- Arizona kids in crisis: How you can help
- 11 holiday classics for the ultimate movie marathon
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- The new beer pairing guide for holiday foods
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- New treatments mean better prostate cancer survival rates
- 5 of the scariest things found in drains
- 6 tips to create the best family movie night