Heaven forbid Google chooses Cesar Chavez over Christ.
The Huffington Post reported that, on the holy day, Google commemorated Chavez’s 86th birthday as opposed to recognizing Christ’s return on its home page.
Many Christians were left vexed at the prospect of promoting the inspirational leader as opposed to their religious figure.
Those most bothered with Google’s decision blew up Twitter with angst filled tweets.
“Google can’t celebrate Easter but can celebrate a dictator’s birthday?!…No Easter wishes from those Atheists,” @deanmeek said.
While many expressed an infuriated sentiment, some expressed support for the choice of Chavez.
“‘Preservation of one’s own culture does not require contempt or disrespect for other cultures’-Cesar Chavez” @latniorebels said, another twitter user.
- 7 common ways to get sued by your employees
- Why it might be time to upgrade your toilet
- Arizona teachers are building a better future by using technology in the classroom
- How to make summer reading fun for the whole family
- How to find relief for chronic joint pain
- Can the NBA Lottery save the Suns?
- Skip Urgent Care: 5 ailments you can treat with telemedicine
- Skin Cancer in Arizona: Stats, facts and new immunotherapy drugs making strides
- Distracted walking injuries end up not so funny
- Scary situations: 5 quick tips before you let a contractor in your home
- Four ways telemedicine is changing the health care industry
- 5 mistakes homeowners make in the spring
- Three rivers run through it: Exploring Arizona's waterways
- Smart home basics: things you need to know to get started
- 5 Surprising things causing back pain
- Arizona agriculture is a $17.1B industry
- Timeline: Arizona's roots in brewing history
- 5 reasons to love the D-backs this season
- Tips for taking your home entertainment experience to the backyard
- Tech-related injuries your parents never experienced
- Workers comp: Signs your co-worker could be a fraud
- Who's the real founder of America's pastime?
- Epidemic rising? What you need to know about Alzheimer's in Arizona
- 5 unforgettable Wooden Award winners
- Family and hard work are keys to success of modern dairy farmers
- Genetic testing could hold answers for colon cancer survival
- Cold beers and baseball: A beer lover's guide to Spring Training
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments