PHOENIX — Once a year, the Arizona Department of Transportation holds an auction to get rid of surplus equipment that’s been replaced or used beyond its life cycle with the agency.
On Saturday, ADOT will auction 31 sedans, 86 pickup trucks, and 10 snowplows. The agency will also sell front end loaders, dump trucks, electronic message boards and other construction equipment.
The auction will be “as is” so there are no returns and that’s why ADOT’s Doug Nintzel said they encourage people to view the items in person.
“You are not going to find the deal of the century in terms of something that’s low mileage and won’t cost too much. Usually these are going to be pre-2005 vehicles.”
All bidders must pre-register in person at the equipment services yard at 2350 S. 22nd Ave. Pre-auction inspection times are 8 a.m. to 2 p.m. on Wednesday and Thursday.
More information on the auction, including an item list, is available at azdot.gov.
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them