PHOENIX — Once a year, the Arizona Department of Transportation holds an auction to get rid of surplus equipment that’s been replaced or used beyond its life cycle with the agency.
On Saturday, ADOT will auction 31 sedans, 86 pickup trucks, and 10 snowplows. The agency will also sell front end loaders, dump trucks, electronic message boards and other construction equipment.
The auction will be “as is” so there are no returns and that’s why ADOT’s Doug Nintzel said they encourage people to view the items in person.
“You are not going to find the deal of the century in terms of something that’s low mileage and won’t cost too much. Usually these are going to be pre-2005 vehicles.”
All bidders must pre-register in person at the equipment services yard at 2350 S. 22nd Ave. Pre-auction inspection times are 8 a.m. to 2 p.m. on Wednesday and Thursday.
More information on the auction, including an item list, is available at azdot.gov.
- The best places to celebrate Fall in Phoenix
- Infamous athletes who did the most time for their crimes
- 2016 baseball highlights, bloopers and blunders
- See how CFOs really feel about business in the Valley
- The best television shows on the internet
- A preseason guide to avoid holiday weight gain
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier