PHOENIX — The competition is on outside Chase Field as restaurants nearby try to lure hungry fans.
Julius Csaky, general manager of Legend’s Sports Bar and Restaurant on Third Street, said his team is prepared for the season.
“It’s huge for us as far as revenue. Everybody comes out for Opening Day. It’s one of the busiest days of the year for us.”
New to the game is Game Seven Grill just outside the stadium gates. It replaces the former Sliders, which had been in the same location since 2003.
To celebrate the restaurant’s grand opening, executive chef Lou Bastian said the restaurant created a wing challenge.
“If you can eat eight of them then you can win yourself a Game Seven fire helmet,” Bastian said, adding that the wings are sauced with a concoction of ghost chilies, habaneros, honey and orange juice.
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon