PHOENIX — The competition is on outside Chase Field as restaurants nearby try to lure hungry fans.
Julius Csaky, general manager of Legend’s Sports Bar and Restaurant on Third Street, said his team is prepared for the season.
“It’s huge for us as far as revenue. Everybody comes out for Opening Day. It’s one of the busiest days of the year for us.”
New to the game is Game Seven Grill just outside the stadium gates. It replaces the former Sliders, which had been in the same location since 2003.
To celebrate the restaurant’s grand opening, executive chef Lou Bastian said the restaurant created a wing challenge.
“If you can eat eight of them then you can win yourself a Game Seven fire helmet,” Bastian said, adding that the wings are sauced with a concoction of ghost chilies, habaneros, honey and orange juice.
- 7 common ways to get sued by your employees
- Why it might be time to upgrade your toilet
- Arizona teachers are building a better future by using technology in the classroom
- How to make summer reading fun for the whole family
- How to find relief for chronic joint pain
- Can the NBA Lottery save the Suns?
- Skip Urgent Care: 5 ailments you can treat with telemedicine
- Skin Cancer in Arizona: Stats, facts and new immunotherapy drugs making strides
- Distracted walking injuries end up not so funny
- Scary situations: 5 quick tips before you let a contractor in your home
- Four ways telemedicine is changing the health care industry
- 5 mistakes homeowners make in the spring
- Three rivers run through it: Exploring Arizona's waterways
- Smart home basics: things you need to know to get started
- 5 Surprising things causing back pain
- Arizona agriculture is a $17.1B industry
- Timeline: Arizona's roots in brewing history
- 5 reasons to love the D-backs this season
- Tips for taking your home entertainment experience to the backyard
- Tech-related injuries your parents never experienced
- Workers comp: Signs your co-worker could be a fraud
- Who's the real founder of America's pastime?
- Epidemic rising? What you need to know about Alzheimer's in Arizona
- 5 unforgettable Wooden Award winners
- Family and hard work are keys to success of modern dairy farmers
- Genetic testing could hold answers for colon cancer survival
- Cold beers and baseball: A beer lover's guide to Spring Training
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments