PHOENIX — Comprehensive immigration reform still has hurdles to overcome, said Arizona Rep. Ed Pastor.
“The problem is that the so-called Gang of Eight on immigration reform wants to make the negotiations with anybody leaking it,” he said. “Once you leak information, then you get people favoring and opposing reform and before you know it, you get more conflict and chatter outside of the negotiations. ”
The Gang of Eight includes Arizona Republican Sen. Jeff Flake and Sen. John McCain.
Another of Pastor’s chief concerns is how to define a secure border. That is a major trigger point in the reform for millions of illegal immigrants living in the U.S. who want to become citizens.
“I think the legalization is something they’ve worked out because you’re hearing more commonality on it,” he said. “With the AFL-CIO and National Chamber of Commerce working out a deal with the guest worker program, that puts them pretty far ahead.”
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon