PHOENIX — It’s another positive sign that we are feeling much better about our home values in the Valley.
Everybody from home remodelers to the do-it-yourself weekend warriors are coming out of the woodwork.
KTAR’s Rosie Romero of “Rosie on the House” said the recent boost is among people who had big ideas for their homes in 2008 before they “got hit between the eyes with the economic two-by-four. Those projects are now coming back because they’re just tired of waiting.”
But many of those projects are coming back in a slimmed-down version of the original plan.
“What we’re seeing drive the phone calls right now is deferred maintenance,” said Romero. “If the home needed painting in 2008, people just patched things up and now it really needs that paint job. And instead of busting up the master bathroom for a full makeover, we just go in and update fixtures and luxury showerheads.”
Romero said his business has gone up by 100 percent in the past few months. Home Depot reported an 8 percent jump in sales in 2012.
- 7 common ways to get sued by your employees
- Why it might be time to upgrade your toilet
- Arizona teachers are building a better future by using technology in the classroom
- How to make summer reading fun for the whole family
- How to find relief for chronic joint pain
- Can the NBA Lottery save the Suns?
- Skip Urgent Care: 5 ailments you can treat with telemedicine
- Skin Cancer in Arizona: Stats, facts and new immunotherapy drugs making strides
- Distracted walking injuries end up not so funny
- Scary situations: 5 quick tips before you let a contractor in your home
- Four ways telemedicine is changing the health care industry
- 5 mistakes homeowners make in the spring
- Three rivers run through it: Exploring Arizona's waterways
- Smart home basics: things you need to know to get started
- 5 Surprising things causing back pain
- Arizona agriculture is a $17.1B industry
- Timeline: Arizona's roots in brewing history
- 5 reasons to love the D-backs this season
- Tips for taking your home entertainment experience to the backyard
- Tech-related injuries your parents never experienced
- Workers comp: Signs your co-worker could be a fraud
- Who's the real founder of America's pastime?
- Epidemic rising? What you need to know about Alzheimer's in Arizona
- 5 unforgettable Wooden Award winners
- Family and hard work are keys to success of modern dairy farmers
- Genetic testing could hold answers for colon cancer survival
- Cold beers and baseball: A beer lover's guide to Spring Training
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments