PHOENIX — It’s another positive sign that we are feeling much better about our home values in the Valley.
Everybody from home remodelers to the do-it-yourself weekend warriors are coming out of the woodwork.
KTAR’s Rosie Romero of “Rosie on the House” said the recent boost is among people who had big ideas for their homes in 2008 before they “got hit between the eyes with the economic two-by-four. Those projects are now coming back because they’re just tired of waiting.”
But many of those projects are coming back in a slimmed-down version of the original plan.
“What we’re seeing drive the phone calls right now is deferred maintenance,” said Romero. “If the home needed painting in 2008, people just patched things up and now it really needs that paint job. And instead of busting up the master bathroom for a full makeover, we just go in and update fixtures and luxury showerheads.”
Romero said his business has gone up by 100 percent in the past few months. Home Depot reported an 8 percent jump in sales in 2012.
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas