PHOENIX — It’s another positive sign that we are feeling much better about our home values in the Valley.
Everybody from home remodelers to the do-it-yourself weekend warriors are coming out of the woodwork.
KTAR’s Rosie Romero of “Rosie on the House” said the recent boost is among people who had big ideas for their homes in 2008 before they “got hit between the eyes with the economic two-by-four. Those projects are now coming back because they’re just tired of waiting.”
But many of those projects are coming back in a slimmed-down version of the original plan.
“What we’re seeing drive the phone calls right now is deferred maintenance,” said Romero. “If the home needed painting in 2008, people just patched things up and now it really needs that paint job. And instead of busting up the master bathroom for a full makeover, we just go in and update fixtures and luxury showerheads.”
Romero said his business has gone up by 100 percent in the past few months. Home Depot reported an 8 percent jump in sales in 2012.
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy