PHOENIX — One person died Thursday morning when an RV crashed on a Phoenix-area freeway.
The Phoenix Fire Department said the vehicle rolled over on Loop 101 at Thomas Road.
The driver, identified by the Department of Public Safety only as a man from Surprise, was already dead when the rescue crew arrived.
DPS said the victim’s wife was, “driving behind the RV in another vehicle and reported seeing ‘erratic driving behavior’ before the RV rolled.”
Department of Public Safety workers are on the scene investigating, according to Benedict.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
Show Podcasts and Interviews
- Scottsdale, not Tempe or Tucson, rated as Arizona’s best college town
- Border fence-related injuries on the rise, official says
- ADOT: No weekend freeway closures, part of 40th Street closed
- Chandler City Council approves development agreement with Allstate
- Record number of Mexican gray wolves found dead in 2018