PHOENIX — One person died Thursday morning when an RV crashed on a Phoenix-area freeway.
The Phoenix Fire Department said the vehicle rolled over on Loop 101 at Thomas Road.
The driver, identified by the Department of Public Safety only as a man from Surprise, was already dead when the rescue crew arrived.
DPS said the victim’s wife was, “driving behind the RV in another vehicle and reported seeing ‘erratic driving behavior’ before the RV rolled.”
Department of Public Safety workers are on the scene investigating, according to Benedict.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
- Phoenix neighborhood to get cheap access to bike share after grant
- National Park Service seeks ways to manage non-native fish in Arizona
- Mexican officials find pot-launching bazooka near Arizona border
- Here are some tips for those traveling out of Arizona this Thanksgiving
- Arizona Sen. Jeff Flake is supportive of tax plan but wants tweaks