PHOENIX — One person died Thursday morning when an RV crashed on a Phoenix-area freeway.
The Phoenix Fire Department said the vehicle rolled over on Loop 101 at Thomas Road.
The driver, identified by the Department of Public Safety only as a man from Surprise, was already dead when the rescue crew arrived.
DPS said the victim’s wife was, “driving behind the RV in another vehicle and reported seeing ‘erratic driving behavior’ before the RV rolled.”
Department of Public Safety workers are on the scene investigating, according to Benedict.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
- Crash shuts down part of US 93, traffic slow between Phoenix and Las Vegas
- Accident on Loop 202 in Tempe closes westbound lanes
- This neighborhood has fastest rising rents, home values in Phoenix area
- Arizona has second-highest growth rate in US for Alzheimer’s diagnoses
- Arizona high court won’t block vote on school voucher law