PHOENIX — The three-day Korea-Arizona Trauma Summit kicked off Monday at Maricopa Medical Center.
Almost three dozen South Korean physicians and government officials are part of a delegation studying Arizona’s trauma systems.
South Korea hopes to blueprint its first national trauma system after Arizona’s.
The visit was planned long before the tensions started rising between North and South Korea and the doctors were unwilling to address that.
Dr. Yeong Kim explained the visit.
“We need the type of trauma system that Arizona has. Very advanced, highly experienced trauma care system”
He singled out the doctors at University of Arizona Medical Center in Tucson as a textbook example of why they’ve come to Arizona.
Doctors there saved the life of former Congresswoman Gabrielle Giffords after she was shot in January 2011.
South Korea will spend $2 billion on everything from ambulances to hospitals over the next 2-5 years to build their trauma system.
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Water tips to save money, help save the Earth
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips
- 7 films that should have won best-picture Oscars
- New plumbing technology saves money and improves your home
- Survey shows Arizona CFOs optimistic about 2016
- How chronic pain can affect your love life
- 5 potential warning signs about your child's development