PHOENIX — The three-day Korea-Arizona Trauma Summit kicked off Monday at Maricopa Medical Center.
Almost three dozen South Korean physicians and government officials are part of a delegation studying Arizona’s trauma systems.
South Korea hopes to blueprint its first national trauma system after Arizona’s.
The visit was planned long before the tensions started rising between North and South Korea and the doctors were unwilling to address that.
Dr. Yeong Kim explained the visit.
“We need the type of trauma system that Arizona has. Very advanced, highly experienced trauma care system”
He singled out the doctors at University of Arizona Medical Center in Tucson as a textbook example of why they’ve come to Arizona.
Doctors there saved the life of former Congresswoman Gabrielle Giffords after she was shot in January 2011.
South Korea will spend $2 billion on everything from ambulances to hospitals over the next 2-5 years to build their trauma system.
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas