PHOENIX — Phoenix Police were called to a home at 8100 W. Trafalgar Ave. after a shooting was reported at 8:45 a.m. Sunday morning.
The witness, a 32-year-old female, told officers that her brother had shot her husband inside the family’s home. The 33-year-old suspect, Steven Lomax, confirmed over the phone that he did in fact shoot his brother-in-law.
When officers arrived, the 33-year-old man surrendered immediately and was taken into custody. Police found the victim inside the home, where he was suffering from gunshot injuries. He was immediately transported to a local hospital where his condition was reported as extremely critical.
According to James Holmes of the Phoenix Police Department, the victim, 42-year-old Richard Swann, was pronounced dead a little after 4:00 p.m. Sunday afternoon.
Two unidentified children were said to have lived in the home, although neither were present when the shooting occurred.
Holmes added that detectives are still trying to make sense of the shooting. The cause is believed to be domestic related.
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments
- Here’s why Gaydos went tankless with his water heater
- 12 things to watch before the Oscars
- Bocce ball and basketball: How you can help Arizona's Special Olympics athletes
- Tips on building the best wine room in Arizona
- Avoid the nightmare: 6 tips to choose a great contractor
- Breast cancer: Improved testing and treatments means more survivors
- Best and worst of Super Bowl commercials
- Failed back surgery: New hope for patients living in pain
- Ticking time bombs: Telltale signs your water heater is about to explode
- Reading glasses could be a thing of the past
- 6 cool ways teachers are using technology in the classroom
- Emerging tech jobs in Phoenix and how to get one in 2017
- 4 top treatments athletes use for pain
- Emergency! What to do when bathrooms flood
- Operation Santa Claus needs holiday help
- This college bowl season is likely to be epic
- Arizona kids in crisis: How you can help
- 11 holiday classics for the ultimate movie marathon
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- The new beer pairing guide for holiday foods
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- New treatments mean better prostate cancer survival rates
- 5 of the scariest things found in drains
- 6 tips to create the best family movie night