PHOENIX — Phoenix Police were called to a home at 8100 W. Trafalgar Ave. after a shooting was reported at 8:45 a.m. Sunday morning.
The witness, a 32-year-old female, told officers that her brother had shot her husband inside the family’s home. The 33-year-old suspect, Steven Lomax, confirmed over the phone that he did in fact shoot his brother-in-law.
When officers arrived, the 33-year-old man surrendered immediately and was taken into custody. Police found the victim inside the home, where he was suffering from gunshot injuries. He was immediately transported to a local hospital where his condition was reported as extremely critical.
According to James Holmes of the Phoenix Police Department, the victim, 42-year-old Richard Swann, was pronounced dead a little after 4:00 p.m. Sunday afternoon.
Two unidentified children were said to have lived in the home, although neither were present when the shooting occurred.
Holmes added that detectives are still trying to make sense of the shooting. The cause is believed to be domestic related.
- 7 common ways to get sued by your employees
- Why it might be time to upgrade your toilet
- Arizona teachers are building a better future by using technology in the classroom
- How to make summer reading fun for the whole family
- How to find relief for chronic joint pain
- Can the NBA Lottery save the Suns?
- Skip Urgent Care: 5 ailments you can treat with telemedicine
- Skin Cancer in Arizona: Stats, facts and new immunotherapy drugs making strides
- Distracted walking injuries end up not so funny
- Scary situations: 5 quick tips before you let a contractor in your home
- Four ways telemedicine is changing the health care industry
- 5 mistakes homeowners make in the spring
- Three rivers run through it: Exploring Arizona's waterways
- Smart home basics: things you need to know to get started
- 5 Surprising things causing back pain
- Arizona agriculture is a $17.1B industry
- Timeline: Arizona's roots in brewing history
- 5 reasons to love the D-backs this season
- Tips for taking your home entertainment experience to the backyard
- Tech-related injuries your parents never experienced
- Workers comp: Signs your co-worker could be a fraud
- Who's the real founder of America's pastime?
- Epidemic rising? What you need to know about Alzheimer's in Arizona
- 5 unforgettable Wooden Award winners
- Family and hard work are keys to success of modern dairy farmers
- Genetic testing could hold answers for colon cancer survival
- Cold beers and baseball: A beer lover's guide to Spring Training
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments