PHOENIX — Phoenix Police were called to a home at 8100 W. Trafalgar Ave. after a shooting was reported at 8:45 a.m. Sunday morning.
The witness, a 32-year-old female, told officers that her brother had shot her husband inside the family’s home. The 33-year-old suspect, Steven Lomax, confirmed over the phone that he did in fact shoot his brother-in-law.
When officers arrived, the 33-year-old man surrendered immediately and was taken into custody. Police found the victim inside the home, where he was suffering from gunshot injuries. He was immediately transported to a local hospital where his condition was reported as extremely critical.
According to James Holmes of the Phoenix Police Department, the victim, 42-year-old Richard Swann, was pronounced dead a little after 4:00 p.m. Sunday afternoon.
Two unidentified children were said to have lived in the home, although neither were present when the shooting occurred.
Holmes added that detectives are still trying to make sense of the shooting. The cause is believed to be domestic related.
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets