If you’re heading out to Chase Field for Opening Day Monday night, take a look at the concession stand beer prices.
What you’ll notice is the best value in all of baseball.
CNN Money recently conducted a survey of all Major League Stadiums in an effort to find fans the best bang for their buck. The survey found that the downtown Phoenix ballpark had the cheapest price ($4) for a 14-ounce beer.
Some stadiums are trying to lure more fans with lower food prices. At most stadiums, fans pay between $3 and $5 for a basic hot dog and $5 to $7 for the cheapest beer — for a total of $8 to $12. But at Arizona Diamondbacks’ ballpark, a 14-ounce beer and a “value” hot dog costs just $5.50 — less than a beer alone at other parks.
Low concession prices became a priority after the financial crisis of 2008, said Diamondbacks President and CEO Derrick Hall.
“For us, it was a challenge to make sure that we can remain affordable and get as many people to the ballpark despite the economy,” Hall told CNN.
- The best places to celebrate Fall in Phoenix
- Infamous athletes who did the most time for their crimes
- 2016 baseball highlights, bloopers and blunders
- See how CFOs really feel about business in the Valley
- The best television shows on the internet
- A preseason guide to avoid holiday weight gain
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier