If you’re heading out to Chase Field for Opening Day Monday night, take a look at the concession stand beer prices.
What you’ll notice is the best value in all of baseball.
CNN Money recently conducted a survey of all Major League Stadiums in an effort to find fans the best bang for their buck. The survey found that the downtown Phoenix ballpark had the cheapest price ($4) for a 14-ounce beer.
Some stadiums are trying to lure more fans with lower food prices. At most stadiums, fans pay between $3 and $5 for a basic hot dog and $5 to $7 for the cheapest beer — for a total of $8 to $12. But at Arizona Diamondbacks’ ballpark, a 14-ounce beer and a “value” hot dog costs just $5.50 — less than a beer alone at other parks.
Low concession prices became a priority after the financial crisis of 2008, said Diamondbacks President and CEO Derrick Hall.
“For us, it was a challenge to make sure that we can remain affordable and get as many people to the ballpark despite the economy,” Hall told CNN.
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Water tips to save money, help save the Earth
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips
- 7 films that should have won best-picture Oscars
- New plumbing technology saves money and improves your home
- Survey shows Arizona CFOs optimistic about 2016
- How chronic pain can affect your love life
- 5 potential warning signs about your child's development