PHOENIX — If you’re planning on going through a drive-thru, there’s one in Phoenix that’s offering something completely different.
Usually, when you go through a drive-thru, someone asks “Would you like fries with that?”
But one of Hot Rod magazine’s top 10 drive-thrus in the country is one that says “Let us Pray.”
Thousands of cars pass the Living Streams Church at Central and Glendale everyday. That makes it a great place for the Associate Pastor (appropriately named Faith Cummings) and her volunteers to offer their drive-thru prayer.
“We have a great driveway that runs from Glendale Avenue to Central Avenue,” Cummings said. “It’s a perfect place for people to drive through and not have it be inconvenient, and we can pray for them.”
And you don’t even have to get out of your car. Cummings said that people are pulling up to pray for lots of things.
“Many times it’s family issues,” Cummings said. “People are going through divorce. Sometimes they’ll have a family member or friend that’s very sick. People often pray for finances. That’s something that’s been an issue the past couple of years.”
Cummings said the church is doing this to share God’s love.
“We want to simply have people know that God cares about them and loves them. That is one of the passions of my heart. I want people that have not known yet that Jesus cares… to find out and come to know him.”
The drive-thru prayer is open 3:30 p.m. to 5:30 p.m., Monday through Friday.
- Cold beers and baseball: A beer lover's guide to Spring Training
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments
- Here’s why Gaydos went tankless with his water heater
- 12 things to watch before the Oscars
- Bocce ball and basketball: How you can help Arizona's Special Olympics athletes
- Tips on building the best wine room in Arizona
- Avoid the nightmare: 6 tips to choose a great contractor
- Breast cancer: Improved testing and treatments means more survivors
- Best and worst of Super Bowl commercials
- Failed back surgery: New hope for patients living in pain
- Ticking time bombs: Telltale signs your water heater is about to explode
- Reading glasses could be a thing of the past
- 6 cool ways teachers are using technology in the classroom
- Emerging tech jobs in Phoenix and how to get one in 2017
- 4 top treatments athletes use for pain
- Emergency! What to do when bathrooms flood
- Operation Santa Claus needs holiday help
- This college bowl season is likely to be epic
- Arizona kids in crisis: How you can help
- 11 holiday classics for the ultimate movie marathon
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- The new beer pairing guide for holiday foods
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- New treatments mean better prostate cancer survival rates
- 5 of the scariest things found in drains