PHOENIX — If you’re planning on going through a drive-thru, there’s one in Phoenix that’s offering something completely different.
Usually, when you go through a drive-thru, someone asks “Would you like fries with that?”
But one of Hot Rod magazine’s top 10 drive-thrus in the country is one that says “Let us Pray.”
Thousands of cars pass the Living Streams Church at Central and Glendale everyday. That makes it a great place for the Associate Pastor (appropriately named Faith Cummings) and her volunteers to offer their drive-thru prayer.
“We have a great driveway that runs from Glendale Avenue to Central Avenue,” Cummings said. “It’s a perfect place for people to drive through and not have it be inconvenient, and we can pray for them.”
And you don’t even have to get out of your car. Cummings said that people are pulling up to pray for lots of things.
“Many times it’s family issues,” Cummings said. “People are going through divorce. Sometimes they’ll have a family member or friend that’s very sick. People often pray for finances. That’s something that’s been an issue the past couple of years.”
Cummings said the church is doing this to share God’s love.
“We want to simply have people know that God cares about them and loves them. That is one of the passions of my heart. I want people that have not known yet that Jesus cares… to find out and come to know him.”
The drive-thru prayer is open 3:30 p.m. to 5:30 p.m., Monday through Friday.
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon