PHOENIX — If you’re planning on going through a drive-thru, there’s one in Phoenix that’s offering something completely different.
Usually, when you go through a drive-thru, someone asks “Would you like fries with that?”
But one of Hot Rod magazine’s top 10 drive-thrus in the country is one that says “Let us Pray.”
Thousands of cars pass the Living Streams Church at Central and Glendale everyday. That makes it a great place for the Associate Pastor (appropriately named Faith Cummings) and her volunteers to offer their drive-thru prayer.
“We have a great driveway that runs from Glendale Avenue to Central Avenue,” Cummings said. “It’s a perfect place for people to drive through and not have it be inconvenient, and we can pray for them.”
And you don’t even have to get out of your car. Cummings said that people are pulling up to pray for lots of things.
“Many times it’s family issues,” Cummings said. “People are going through divorce. Sometimes they’ll have a family member or friend that’s very sick. People often pray for finances. That’s something that’s been an issue the past couple of years.”
Cummings said the church is doing this to share God’s love.
“We want to simply have people know that God cares about them and loves them. That is one of the passions of my heart. I want people that have not known yet that Jesus cares… to find out and come to know him.”
The drive-thru prayer is open 3:30 p.m. to 5:30 p.m., Monday through Friday.
- 6 tips to create the best family movie night
- New bone marrow procedure holds promise for healing pain
- The best places to celebrate Fall in Phoenix
- Infamous athletes who did the most time for their crimes
- Diet, exercise and aspirin: 3 tools to fight colon cancer
- 2016 baseball highlights, bloopers and blunders
- See how CFOs really feel about business in the Valley
- The best television shows on the internet
- A preseason guide to avoid holiday weight gain
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns