KTAR’s Main Street Minute focuses on local businesses that are hiring, opening and hosting events across the community. These stories air each weekday on KTAR at 7:27 a.m
• The Arizona State Hospital in Phoenix needs registered nurses. The hospital, at Interstate 10 and Van Buren Street, is hosting a job fair on-site Thursday afternoon from 2 p.m. to 6 p.m. and on Friday starting at 8 a.m.
• There will be a swap of country bars at the High Street district in north Phoenix. Florida-based Cowboys Saloon will take over the spot formerly occupied by Toby Keith’s I Love This Bar and Grill by the end of the year. The Phoenix Business Journal reports it will be the first Cowboys Saloon outside of the Sunshine State.
• A Scottsdale juice bar is having its grand opening Friday morning. Nekter opens its seventh store in Arizona at Hayden Road and Thompson Peak Parkway. Customers will get free drinks throughout the morning. The Southern California-based chain plans to open two more Valley locations in the upcoming weeks — at Tempe Marketplace and the Town & Country shopping center in Phoenix.
Show Podcasts and Interviews
- Scottsdale, not Tempe or Tucson, rated as Arizona’s best college town
- Phoenix residents buy gates to block alleys — with city’s blessing
- Phoenix police can now crowdsource evidence of crimes from residents
- 45 dogs and cats needing medical attention seized from Phoenix shelter
- Police: Man jumped out of moving car, driver arrested in Phoenix