Fun and games and work have not traditionally coincided, but some corporate experts claim “play” may actually promote a more productive workforce.
According to CNN, technological conglomerates such as Google and Twitter are not the only companies to incorporate a playful environment at the office.
“The emphasis on fun spawns creative energy,” explains Lauren Austin. She’s creative director at marketing agency MKG in New York, where play is a priority. “Inspiration comes from interacting with one another and the world around us.”
However, others argue this progressive type of thinking cannot come to fruition with unwilling employers. Native Marketing President Craig McAnsh explained that employees will be skeptical to adjust to a fun work setting if their superiors refuse to set the standard and engage in the activities.
“It has been a problem for many employees because they may feel that the idea ‘play’ is just given lip service by management,” he said. “Knowing it’s required is the only way this works. And the only way this happens is for senior staff to lead by example. Top down. If you have a ping-pong table, but don’t play, your … employees will not play.”
Let’s face it: Businesses will likely embrace fun at work if it equates to an enhanced job venue.
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.