PHOENIX — If you’ve been waking up congested every morning, it might be because you’ve been sleeping with enemy.
“Dust mites are microscopic insects that live of inside mattresses and pillows that can result in allergy problems, asthma symptoms and eczema symptoms throughout the year,” said Dr. Michael Saavedra with Phoenix Allergy and Asthma.
Pets and pollen could also be creating problems if you are prone to allergies.
“If you have pets, when they jump on your bed, they will leave allergen behind,” said Saavedra. “Also, a lot of people like to sleep with the windows open at night. This will allow for pollen to enter and be placed on the mattress and the pillow.”
Some recommendations to turn your bedroom into an allergy-free zone include:
Purchase allergy-proof covers for pillows and mattresses. They are used under linens.
Wash you linens at least once a week in hot water. Dry them in a dryer on hot.
De-clutter your bedroom.
Keep windows closed.
Leave all pets at the door.
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon