Bonneville Phoenix Network
 KTAR News
 Arizona Sports
92.3 FM KTAR
Updated Mar 28, 2013 - 4:47 pm

Man found burned next to transformer in Glendale

GLENDALE, Ariz. — Authorities say a man found next to a transformer at a
vacant Glendale business with burns over his entire body has died.

Glendale police say the 57-year-old man died Thursday at a hospital.

They say the man was found Thursday in a commercial yard near 51st Avenue and
Bethany Home Road.

Police believe he may have been trying to steal copper wiring from the
transformer and was electrocuted.

His name hasn’t been released.

Police say the man isn’t an employee of a power company and he was inside a
fenced property in which there currently isn’t a business occupant.


comments powered by Disqus