The defense team for Jodi Arias has a right to be concerned about the rock star-status of prosecutor Juan Martinez, a Valley attorney said.
“The defense attorney’s job is to do everything they can to get a mistrial or get a not guilty verdict or to get a lesser charge,” said Valley attorney Monica Lindstrom. “They saw something that concerned them and I’m not going to fault them for being concerned. That’s a legitimate concern that, if the jury had seen this going on, perhaps they would think differently about him.”
Fans were seen asking Martinez for autographs and pictures outside of the courthouse. He later said that he has only used the front door of the courthouse once and that is when the fans found him.
Despite Martinez’ signing the autograph, Lindstrom said he was not guilty of misconduct.
“I didn’t think this was misconduct at all because it’s not like he’s standing outside the courthouse flagging people down saying, ‘Hey, $5 and you can have my autograph,'” said Lindstrom, adding that, if he knew jurors were present, it would have been a different story.
Lindstrom said Martinez will not be removed from the case and the jury is unaware of the situation.
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- Jan Brewer thinks Paul Penzone will have tough time beating Sheriff Joe Arpaio
- Mac & Gaydos joined by Burmese python after losing March Madness bet
- Mac and Gaydos deliver pizzas to winning class in REDucation contest
- Civil rights activist wants Phoenix-area NAACP boss to step down after incident
- Cindy McCain talks Syrians refugees’ plight, trafficking in Arizona