The defense team for Jodi Arias has a right to be concerned about the rock star-status of prosecutor Juan Martinez, a Valley attorney said.
“The defense attorney’s job is to do everything they can to get a mistrial or get a not guilty verdict or to get a lesser charge,” said Valley attorney Monica Lindstrom. “They saw something that concerned them and I’m not going to fault them for being concerned. That’s a legitimate concern that, if the jury had seen this going on, perhaps they would think differently about him.”
Fans were seen asking Martinez for autographs and pictures outside of the courthouse. He later said that he has only used the front door of the courthouse once and that is when the fans found him.
Despite Martinez’ signing the autograph, Lindstrom said he was not guilty of misconduct.
“I didn’t think this was misconduct at all because it’s not like he’s standing outside the courthouse flagging people down saying, ‘Hey, $5 and you can have my autograph,'” said Lindstrom, adding that, if he knew jurors were present, it would have been a different story.
Lindstrom said Martinez will not be removed from the case and the jury is unaware of the situation.
- Reading glasses could be a thing of the past
- 6 cool ways teachers are using technology in the classroom
- Emerging tech jobs in Phoenix and how to get one in 2017
- 4 top treatments athletes use for pain
- Emergency! What to do when bathrooms flood
- Operation Santa Claus needs holiday help
- This college bowl season is likely to be epic
- Arizona kids in crisis: How you can help
- 11 holiday classics for the ultimate movie marathon
- 2016 college football rivalry games you simply can't miss
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- The new beer pairing guide for holiday foods
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- New treatments mean better prostate cancer survival rates
- 5 of the scariest things found in drains
- 6 tips to create the best family movie night
- New bone marrow procedure holds promise for healing pain
- The best places to celebrate Fall in Phoenix
- Infamous athletes who did the most time for their crimes
- Diet, exercise and aspirin: 3 tools to fight colon cancer
- 2016 baseball highlights, bloopers and blunders
- See how CFOs really feel about business in the Valley
- The best television shows on the internet
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- Arizona. Gov. Doug Ducey to push for teacher raises in upcoming months
- Gov. Doug Ducey: I approve of border wall ‘as long as it benefits Arizona’
- ‘Supernatural’ TV show convention comes to Arizona
- Jan Brewer thinks Paul Penzone will have tough time beating Sheriff Joe Arpaio
- Mac & Gaydos joined by Burmese python after losing March Madness bet