PHOENIX — Scottsdale Police are on scene near 87th Street and Osborn Road after an officer was involved in a shooting Wednesday evening.
According to Sgt. Mark Clark, officers received a call at 5:45 p.m. from a female who reportedly had a verbal altercation with a male neighbor regarding an ongoing parking issue.
Clark told KTAR that when one of the officers arrived at the 8700 block of E. Angus Drive, a white SUV pulled up outside the male adult’s residence.
As the officer approached the driver’s side of the SUV, the driver pulled out a handgun and brandished it out the window.
The officer then took a few steps back before firing and striking the male driver.
When more officers arrived on scene they were able to form a contact team. After investigating the SUV, the contact team determined that male driver had died.
There are no other details at this time but Clark said the investigation is still active.
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon