Walmart will soon open a concept store at Arizona State University’s Tempe campus.
A press release from Walmart stated that the purpose of the new location is to provide students, faculty and the surrounding neighborhood with more convenient access to affordable products.
“Walmart on Campus is a small-format test store that allows us to bring our low prices to students in a convenient location. With a full-service pharmacy, basic grocery, financial services and Site-to-Store, Arizona State will be able to enjoy many of the great services they would at our larger formats without leaving campus,” said store manager Mario Espino.
Taking up nearly 5,093 square feet, the new location will feature access to Walmart’s health and wellness services, financial services and a pharmacy that will accept almost all insurance plans.
“It’s a great fit for students at ASU that want to save money, get some healthy food choices on campus and access the conveniences of Walmart,” said Rachel Wall, Walmart’s senior manager of communications.
The new store, adding to the current 3,100 locations, will be located at Vista del Sol Plaza on Apache Blvd. and will carry ASU-themed products.
Arizona State University’s Walmart is scheduled to open in May, and Wall noted that it will be the second location to open a store as part of the chain’s campus pilot program.
The first campus concept store is at the University of Arkansas.
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Water tips to save money, help save the Earth
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips
- 7 films that should have won best-picture Oscars
- New plumbing technology saves money and improves your home
- Survey shows Arizona CFOs optimistic about 2016
- How chronic pain can affect your love life
- 5 potential warning signs about your child's development