Michael J. Fox models the first self-lacing Nike Mags.
Michael J. Fox models the first self-lacing Nike MAG.Posted by The Michael J. Fox Foundation for Parkinson's Research on Wednesday, October 21, 2015
Actor Michael J. Fox took to Facebook on Wednesday to model the new, self-lacing shoe from Nike, the 2015 Nike Mag.
Fox, who has suffered with Parkinson’s Disease since 1991, was the first person to receive a pair of the futuristic sneakers.
In the 1989 film “Back To The Future II,” Fox — as Marty McFly — traveled 30 years in the future to Wednesday’s date: Oct. 21, 2015.
When he got there, he discovered hoverboards, flying cards and — of course — self-lacing sneakers.
Nike had been developing the “archetype invention with digital technology,” according to its website, since 2009 when it filed a patent for an Automatic Lacing System.
The company auctioned off 1,500 pairs of Nike Air Mag shoes on eBay in 2011, raising $4.7 million in proceeds for Parkinson’s research, according to ABC News.
Proceeds from the limited-edition shoes will go to The Michael J. Fox Foundation for Parkinson’s Research. They will be available to the public in spring 2016.
- Man in China gets stuck to street due to extreme temperatures
- ‘What the Fluff’ challenge makes us all magicians in the eyes of our dogs
- Pair of Golden Retrievers assist toddler in early morning escapade
- Chinese police officer lends helping hand to man crossing busy street
- Watch this video of the most relaxed bear cub you’ll ever see