SCOTTSDALE, Ariz. — If you’re planning to look for a job, you might want to make sure your resume is online and up to date.
Gone are the days where you could walk into an office and hand them your resume. Employers now use keywords on the Internet to find the right people to work for them.
Theresa Maher of Jobing.com said you need to have an online resume that’s specific to the job you’re looking for.
“If an employer is looking for a position that has certain skills, or certain skill sets in it, they want to see that in your resume, and right away and feel like you were made for that position that they’re looking for,” Maher said. “It’s about being very specific and very detailed in what you can do for a company.”
Maher said you don’t have to list every job you’ve ever done, and that an employers should be able to tell that you’re right for the job after spending about 15 seconds reading your resume.
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them