SCOTTSDALE, Ariz. — If you’re planning to look for a job, you might want to make sure your resume is online and up to date.
Gone are the days where you could walk into an office and hand them your resume. Employers now use keywords on the Internet to find the right people to work for them.
Theresa Maher of Jobing.com said you need to have an online resume that’s specific to the job you’re looking for.
“If an employer is looking for a position that has certain skills, or certain skill sets in it, they want to see that in your resume, and right away and feel like you were made for that position that they’re looking for,” Maher said. “It’s about being very specific and very detailed in what you can do for a company.”
Maher said you don’t have to list every job you’ve ever done, and that an employers should be able to tell that you’re right for the job after spending about 15 seconds reading your resume.
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas