PHOENIX — Thousands of people who work in the Indian Gaming Industry are in Phoenix for the 2013 Indian Gaming Conference at the Phoenix Convention Center.
They are checking out thousands of new slot machines with video technology that you may soon see at the casino.
“Right now we have a lot of Mega Jackpot products,” said Knute Knudson of the International Game Technology Corporation. “We have video products. We have Mega Jackpot products that you enter into a game through a core product and go into a bonus feature in a high level mega jackpot product.”
Some of the new games include “Phantom of the Opera,” that includes a chair that vibrates while you’re spinning to win. There are also Dolly Parton slot machines where you can choose her songs from a “jukebox,” and she’ll sing and give you pointers as you’re playing the game.”
Other machines are patterned after “CSI” and “The Family Guy” television shows.
“Dolly has a huge audience, as you know,” said Knudson. “CSI has a huge audience. Family Guy has a huge audience. The Hangover has a huge audience. You’ll see every one of those names in our customer’s casinos.”
- 7 common ways to get sued by your employees
- Why it might be time to upgrade your toilet
- Arizona teachers are building a better future by using technology in the classroom
- How to make summer reading fun for the whole family
- How to find relief for chronic joint pain
- Can the NBA Lottery save the Suns?
- Skip Urgent Care: 5 ailments you can treat with telemedicine
- Skin Cancer in Arizona: Stats, facts and new immunotherapy drugs making strides
- Distracted walking injuries end up not so funny
- Scary situations: 5 quick tips before you let a contractor in your home
- Four ways telemedicine is changing the health care industry
- 5 mistakes homeowners make in the spring
- Three rivers run through it: Exploring Arizona's waterways
- Smart home basics: things you need to know to get started
- 5 Surprising things causing back pain
- Arizona agriculture is a $17.1B industry
- Timeline: Arizona's roots in brewing history
- 5 reasons to love the D-backs this season
- Tips for taking your home entertainment experience to the backyard
- Tech-related injuries your parents never experienced
- Workers comp: Signs your co-worker could be a fraud
- Who's the real founder of America's pastime?
- Epidemic rising? What you need to know about Alzheimer's in Arizona
- 5 unforgettable Wooden Award winners
- Family and hard work are keys to success of modern dairy farmers
- Genetic testing could hold answers for colon cancer survival
- Cold beers and baseball: A beer lover's guide to Spring Training
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments