Edward “Trey” Basha III distributed a letter to company employees on behalf of his family, following the passing of chairman and CEO Eddie Basha on Tuesday.
March 26, 2013
It’s with the heaviest of hearts that my family and I share news we’d hoped never to have to
share: Eddie passed away today.
We want to share with you just how much Eddie loved Bashas’, its members and its customers.
From our earliest childhood, he always reinforced to us the importance of our members and
giving back to our community. Some of his fondest times were being with Bashas’ members and
customers, whether at the office, the Distribution Center or in the stores.
To us, and to many of you, Eddie was always larger than life, and he gave his heart and soul to
Bashas’ Family of Stores. Ironically, Eddie never saw himself that way. He considered himself
to be a Bashas’ member, no different than any other, and he considered all Bashas’ members to
be a part of his family. During Eddie’s lifetime he faced many challenges, the last few years
being among the most challenging. But his desire to serve the people of the state he loved so
well, and to take care of the members that he cared for so much, always gave him strength in the
face of adversity.
It is our collective strength that has seen us through difficult days. This strength will continue to
move us forward, even though we have suffered such a tragic loss. As a family, we want to
thank you for your devotion, thoughts and prayers.
There has been an outpouring of support from Arizonans who are fondly remembering Basha’s legacy.
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.