Edward “Trey” Basha III distributed a letter to company employees on behalf of his family, following the passing of chairman and CEO Eddie Basha on Tuesday.
March 26, 2013
It’s with the heaviest of hearts that my family and I share news we’d hoped never to have to
share: Eddie passed away today.
We want to share with you just how much Eddie loved Bashas’, its members and its customers.
From our earliest childhood, he always reinforced to us the importance of our members and
giving back to our community. Some of his fondest times were being with Bashas’ members and
customers, whether at the office, the Distribution Center or in the stores.
To us, and to many of you, Eddie was always larger than life, and he gave his heart and soul to
Bashas’ Family of Stores. Ironically, Eddie never saw himself that way. He considered himself
to be a Bashas’ member, no different than any other, and he considered all Bashas’ members to
be a part of his family. During Eddie’s lifetime he faced many challenges, the last few years
being among the most challenging. But his desire to serve the people of the state he loved so
well, and to take care of the members that he cared for so much, always gave him strength in the
face of adversity.
It is our collective strength that has seen us through difficult days. This strength will continue to
move us forward, even though we have suffered such a tragic loss. As a family, we want to
thank you for your devotion, thoughts and prayers.
There has been an outpouring of support from Arizonans who are fondly remembering Basha’s legacy.
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon