Eddie Basha, a noted figure in the Valley, passed away Tuesday at the age of 75.
Numerous prominent Arizonans took to Twitter to express their condolences. We’ve compiled a list of their tweets below.
Just heard about the death of Eddie Basha. One of Arizona’s finest.He leaves a great legacy.
— Jeff Flake (@JeffFlake) March 27, 2013
Sad to hear about great Arizonan Eddie Basha. He always thought of others; even reached out to me in recent hospital stay. Prayers 2 family.
— Joe Arpaio (@RealSheriffJoe) March 27, 2013
Eddie Basha has always been the greatest of friends and one of my very favorite guys. One of Arizona’s all-time best. Irreplaceable. Wow.
— Grant Woods (@GrantWoods) March 27, 2013
So sad that Eddie Basha has passed. A good American and a proud Arizonan. He will be missed. Sending love to his family.
— Kyrsten Sinema (@kyrstensinema) March 27, 2013
Sad & heartbroken to hear about the passing of Eddie Basha. Champion for education, best thing we can do to honor him is support our schools
— Greg Stanton (@MayorStanton) March 27, 2013
My thoughts & prayers are with the Basha family. He was a great Arizonan dedicated to public service & improving children’s education.
— Mayor Mark Mitchell (@AZMayorMitchell) March 27, 2013
So sad to hear Eddie Basha passed away. Az icon will be greatly missed. He was instrumental in restoring funding for #Az transplant patients
— Anna Tovar (@SenAnnaTovar) March 27, 2013
Sorry to hear of passing of Eddie Basha. He and Nadine have been such champions for education. My heart goes out to her and all his family.
— David Schapira (@dschapira) March 27, 2013
Our dear friend Eddie Basha passed away today. Arizona and our country will miss him terribly!
— Cindy McCain (@CindyhM1) March 27, 2013
Valley icon Eddie Basha R.I.P.more than a grocer – a great man!
— Tim Hattrick (@timhattrick) March 27, 2013
So sorry to hear about the passing of Eddie Basha. He was such a kind man. I know a lot of people are going to miss him.
— Gayle Bass (@gaylebass) March 27, 2013
Arizona grocery store owner Eddie Basha has died.Can’t tell you how many runs I made to Basha’s in college at ASU
— Mark Boyle (@newsanchormark) March 27, 2013
Saddened to hear about the passing of AZ Icon Eddie Basha. Thoughts and prayers going out to his family this evening.
— Daniel Hernandez Jr (@djblp) March 27, 2013
— Jan Brewer (@GovBrewer) March 27, 2013
Sorry to hear about the passing of Eddie Basha. He certainly made his mark on Arizona.
— Gary Serviss (@DGServiss) March 27, 2013
Eddie Basha, an Arizona giant has passed. Our hearts and prayers are with the Basha family this evening.
— Spencer C. Morgan (@SpencerCMorgan) March 27, 2013
One of the reasons the Shope family is still in the grocery biz is because of Eddie Basha. A true friend of all Arizonans. RIP Mr. Basha
— T.J. Shope (@TJShopeforAZ) March 27, 2013
Sad to hear about the passing of AZ icon Eddie Basha. With Eddie, we always knew “we had a friend.”
— Mayor Scott Smith (@Mayor_Smith) March 27, 2013
Eddie Basha has died. Anyone from AZ and shopped at Bashas knows who he was. A philanthropist who gave back to this community. A good man
— John Billar NoWayNRA (@azmoderate) March 27, 2013
Rest in Peace Eddie Basha. You’ve done great things for Arizona, and I am proud to be an employee of your company, @bashasmarkets. Thank you
— Amy Elinski (@AmyElinski) March 27, 2013
Eddie Basha and the chief bakery teams at Basha’s grocery store were the first to see the value and potential for… fb.me/2hGyoY4l9
— Dee McCaffrey (@GratefullyDee) March 27, 2013
Eddie Basha, a friend, a hero, & an inspiration to not only myself but Arizona has passed away tonight. Sad. Reflective. He will be missed.
— Kevin Spidel (@kspidel) March 27, 2013
Eddie Basha is a genuine American hero. He symbolized what makes me proud to be an Arizonan.A strong and… fb.me/29WqrMn0F
— Martin Sepulveda (@M_C_Sepulveda) March 27, 2013
RIP Eddie Basha. Az will miss you. Thanks for all the great things you did for our state.
— Nadine Yassine (@DeanieNY) March 27, 2013
- Affordable small home makeovers for Mother's Day
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips
- 7 films that should have won best-picture Oscars
- New plumbing technology saves money and improves your home
- Survey shows Arizona CFOs optimistic about 2016
- How chronic pain can affect your love life