PHOENIX — A Mesa baker has earned a spot on a cable television network show after a monthslong interview process.
Sassy’s Cafe and Bakery boss Melody Larsen will be featured on the Food Network’s second season of “Holiday Baking Championship.”
The new round begins Nov. 1.
The Phoenix Business Journal reported that Larsen flew to Los Angeles to tape the show.
Larsen and her husband Geoff co-own the shop at Main Street near Greenfield Road.
The competition puts 10 bakers in a kitchen to come up with holiday goodies for glory and more important, a $50,000 grand prize. A contestant will be eliminated each week.
The season’s first challenge will be a nutty chocolate dessert and pies.
- Main Street Minute: Nightspot to open in Scottsdale
- Amazon passes over Arizona cities for second headquarters site
- Main Street Minute: Moms’ support service moves to Gilbert
- Flagstaff city leaders vote to not invest with border-wall contractors
- Alaska Airlines adds daily flight to Phoenix from Seattle suburb