Former vice presidential candidate Sarah Palin attended a Phoenix Suns game at US Airways Center last week, and she took the public appearance as an opportunity to show her support for Chick-fil-A.
The New York Daily News reported that while at the game, Palin was seen wearing a red shirt with the chain’s logo on it.
The shirt was yet another example of Palin’s support for Chick-fil-A CEO Dan Cathy, who made headlines in July 2012 after expressing his opposition of same-sex marriage.
“I’m speaking up for him and his First Amendment rights and anybody else who would wish to express their not-anti-gay-people sentiment but their support of traditional marriage, which President Obama and Joe Biden, they both supported the exact same thing until just a few months ago, when Obama had to flip-flop to shore up the homosexual voter base,” Palin told Fox News.
Palin is one of several conservatives who have been outspoken about Cathy’s position on same-sex marriage. According to the NY Daily News, she has previously posted pictures online of her and her husband Todd outside one of the chain’s restaurants. She also was supportive of Cathy during on-air appearances on Fox News.
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Water tips to save money, help save the Earth
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips
- 7 films that should have won best-picture Oscars
- New plumbing technology saves money and improves your home
- Survey shows Arizona CFOs optimistic about 2016
- How chronic pain can affect your love life
- 5 potential warning signs about your child's development