The Arizona winner of $1 million from the weekend Powerball drawing has been identified, the Arizona Lottery said in a Tuesday release.
Craig Krause, a Colorado man who travels to Arizona for the winter, purchased the winning ticket from the Fry’s Food Store at 542 E. Hunt Highway in Queen Creek on March 22.
Krause and his wife plan to use some of the winnings to help family.
“My mother is getting older,” he said. “She’s 93 now, and I want to help her out so that she doesn’t have to worry about money for the rest of her life.”
They’ll also buy a new car and donate to the Red Cross, several veteran’s charities, and the University of Iowa, where Krause went to college.
Krause is the 21st person in Arizona to win $1 million since the $2 Powerball launched in January 2012.
A New Jersey man, identified as 45-year-old Dominican immigrant Pedro Quezada, won the grand prize of $338 million.
KTAR’s Bob McClay and the Associated Press contributed to this report.
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments
- Here’s why Gaydos went tankless with his water heater
- 12 things to watch before the Oscars
- Bocce ball and basketball: How you can help Arizona's Special Olympics athletes
- Tips on building the best wine room in Arizona
- Avoid the nightmare: 6 tips to choose a great contractor
- Breast cancer: Improved testing and treatments means more survivors
- Best and worst of Super Bowl commercials
- Failed back surgery: New hope for patients living in pain
- Ticking time bombs: Telltale signs your water heater is about to explode
- Reading glasses could be a thing of the past
- 6 cool ways teachers are using technology in the classroom
- Emerging tech jobs in Phoenix and how to get one in 2017
- 4 top treatments athletes use for pain
- Emergency! What to do when bathrooms flood
- Operation Santa Claus needs holiday help
- This college bowl season is likely to be epic
- Arizona kids in crisis: How you can help
- 11 holiday classics for the ultimate movie marathon
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- The new beer pairing guide for holiday foods
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- New treatments mean better prostate cancer survival rates
- 5 of the scariest things found in drains
- 6 tips to create the best family movie night
- New bone marrow procedure holds promise for healing pain
- Infamous athletes who did the most time for their crimes