The Arizona winner of $1 million from the weekend Powerball drawing has been identified, the Arizona Lottery said in a Tuesday release.
Craig Krause, a Colorado man who travels to Arizona for the winter, purchased the winning ticket from the Fry’s Food Store at 542 E. Hunt Highway in Queen Creek on March 22.
Krause and his wife plan to use some of the winnings to help family.
“My mother is getting older,” he said. “She’s 93 now, and I want to help her out so that she doesn’t have to worry about money for the rest of her life.”
They’ll also buy a new car and donate to the Red Cross, several veteran’s charities, and the University of Iowa, where Krause went to college.
Krause is the 21st person in Arizona to win $1 million since the $2 Powerball launched in January 2012.
A New Jersey man, identified as 45-year-old Dominican immigrant Pedro Quezada, won the grand prize of $338 million.
KTAR’s Bob McClay and the Associated Press contributed to this report.
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Water tips to save money, help save the Earth
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips
- 7 films that should have won best-picture Oscars
- New plumbing technology saves money and improves your home
- Survey shows Arizona CFOs optimistic about 2016
- How chronic pain can affect your love life
- 5 potential warning signs about your child's development