The Arizona winner of $1 million from the weekend Powerball drawing has been identified, the Arizona Lottery said in a Tuesday release.
Craig Krause, a Colorado man who travels to Arizona for the winter, purchased the winning ticket from the Fry’s Food Store at 542 E. Hunt Highway in Queen Creek on March 22.
Krause and his wife plan to use some of the winnings to help family.
“My mother is getting older,” he said. “She’s 93 now, and I want to help her out so that she doesn’t have to worry about money for the rest of her life.”
They’ll also buy a new car and donate to the Red Cross, several veteran’s charities, and the University of Iowa, where Krause went to college.
Krause is the 21st person in Arizona to win $1 million since the $2 Powerball launched in January 2012.
A New Jersey man, identified as 45-year-old Dominican immigrant Pedro Quezada, won the grand prize of $338 million.
KTAR’s Bob McClay and the Associated Press contributed to this report.
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.