Phoenix, Ariz. — The U.S. Supreme Court will take its first serious look at the issue of same-sex marriage Tuesday and Wednesday and Valley attorney Dan Barr said this could be the biggest decision by the high court in almost six decades.
He referred to the landmark 1954 case in which the high court declared unconstitutional state laws establishing separate public schools for black and white students.
“The issue of gay marriage will be decided in favor of gay marriage. It’s just a matter of when.”
Barr said Bisbee, Ariz.’s recent support of civil unions between same sex couples is an indication of what’s happening across the nation.
“There has been a huge change in how the American public views same sex marriage. Discussing if someone is gay or not for people in their 20s is like discussing someone’s hair color. They just don’t care. When you look at the opposition to gay marriage, it is literally dying out in this country. When you look at the demographics, people over 65 are more likely to oppose gay marriage.”
Barr said he doesn’t expect a ruling from the high court on gay marriage until June.
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas