Phoenix, Ariz. — The U.S. Supreme Court will take its first serious look at the issue of same-sex marriage Tuesday and Wednesday and Valley attorney Dan Barr said this could be the biggest decision by the high court in almost six decades.
He referred to the landmark 1954 case in which the high court declared unconstitutional state laws establishing separate public schools for black and white students.
“The issue of gay marriage will be decided in favor of gay marriage. It’s just a matter of when.”
Barr said Bisbee, Ariz.’s recent support of civil unions between same sex couples is an indication of what’s happening across the nation.
“There has been a huge change in how the American public views same sex marriage. Discussing if someone is gay or not for people in their 20s is like discussing someone’s hair color. They just don’t care. When you look at the opposition to gay marriage, it is literally dying out in this country. When you look at the demographics, people over 65 are more likely to oppose gay marriage.”
Barr said he doesn’t expect a ruling from the high court on gay marriage until June.
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon