PHOENIX — A recent parolee back in prison on sexual assault charges, was found dead in his jail cell.
Maricopa County Sheriff’s Office said Lane Halona was discovered in his cell at the Lower Buckeye Jail late Saturday afternoon. Authorities are investigating but it appeared to be a suicide.
Phoenix Fire took the nonresponsive Halona to St. Joseph’s Hospital, where he was pronounced dead.
Halona was accused of attacking a woman near Mill Avenue in Tempe March 17. He was found asleep near the scene with the victim’s coat and was charged with two counts of sexual assault, aggravated assault and kidnapping.
He had served 23 months for aggravated assault and DUI.
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets