TUCSON, Ariz. — A local group has distributed 50,000 maps it hopes will get you to pay a visit to Tucson.
The Tucson Small Wonders Map is designed to encourage Arizonans to do a staycation.
“We’re really working on encouraging people to take some of their vacation time and money and explore Arizona and so many of the interesting towns, places, businesses and attractions that we have here,” said Deanna Chevas of Local First Arizona, which is distributing the maps.
Chevas said the map features great businesses that are within walking distance of downtown Tucson. One is Reilly Craft Pizza.
“Those owners renovated an old mortuary,” Chevas said. “The space is beautiful and the food is fantastic. There’s also Exo Roast, which is a coffee place. They roast the beans there but they also make great cups of coffee. That’s also beautifully renovated.”
In addition to Tucson, Local First has developed Small Wonders maps for Phoenix, Tempe, Scottsdale, Glendale and the Verde Valley. The maps are available online and at Sky Harbor, among other places.
You can download the maps at Small Wonders.
- 7 common ways to get sued by your employees
- Why it might be time to upgrade your toilet
- Arizona teachers are building a better future by using technology in the classroom
- How to make summer reading fun for the whole family
- How to find relief for chronic joint pain
- Can the NBA Lottery save the Suns?
- Skip Urgent Care: 5 ailments you can treat with telemedicine
- Skin Cancer in Arizona: Stats, facts and new immunotherapy drugs making strides
- Distracted walking injuries end up not so funny
- Scary situations: 5 quick tips before you let a contractor in your home
- Four ways telemedicine is changing the health care industry
- 5 mistakes homeowners make in the spring
- Three rivers run through it: Exploring Arizona's waterways
- Smart home basics: things you need to know to get started
- 5 Surprising things causing back pain
- Arizona agriculture is a $17.1B industry
- Timeline: Arizona's roots in brewing history
- 5 reasons to love the D-backs this season
- Tips for taking your home entertainment experience to the backyard
- Tech-related injuries your parents never experienced
- Workers comp: Signs your co-worker could be a fraud
- Who's the real founder of America's pastime?
- Epidemic rising? What you need to know about Alzheimer's in Arizona
- 5 unforgettable Wooden Award winners
- Family and hard work are keys to success of modern dairy farmers
- Genetic testing could hold answers for colon cancer survival
- Cold beers and baseball: A beer lover's guide to Spring Training
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments