TUCSON, Ariz. — A local group has distributed 50,000 maps it hopes will get you to pay a visit to Tucson.
The Tucson Small Wonders Map is designed to encourage Arizonans to do a staycation.
“We’re really working on encouraging people to take some of their vacation time and money and explore Arizona and so many of the interesting towns, places, businesses and attractions that we have here,” said Deanna Chevas of Local First Arizona, which is distributing the maps.
Chevas said the map features great businesses that are within walking distance of downtown Tucson. One is Reilly Craft Pizza.
“Those owners renovated an old mortuary,” Chevas said. “The space is beautiful and the food is fantastic. There’s also Exo Roast, which is a coffee place. They roast the beans there but they also make great cups of coffee. That’s also beautifully renovated.”
In addition to Tucson, Local First has developed Small Wonders maps for Phoenix, Tempe, Scottsdale, Glendale and the Verde Valley. The maps are available online and at Sky Harbor, among other places.
You can download the maps at Small Wonders.
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon