SCOTTSDALE — The Scottsdale post office is the latest Valley branch to begin hiring, and the second this month.
The branch announced Friday they are looking to hire about 30 new city carrier Assistants, which Peter Haas, a spokesman with the Phoenix Post Office, said will help with street deliveries.
“We’re looking for letter carrier assistants which will help deliver mail on the street to our customers,” Haas said.
The starting pay for the position is $15 per hour and offers limited benefits through the first year of employment.
Applicants must be 18-years-old or a high school graduate to apply, and must also have a good driving record.
“You have to have a valid state driver’s license with a safe driving record,” Haas said, “and at least two years of documented driving experience.”
Background checks and drug tests will also be given, and veteran preferences will be honored.
Hours may vary based on the volume of mail, but should average approximately 20 hours per week, according to a press release.
Even though the Postal Service has experienced financial trouble on a national level, Scottsdale is the second valley branch to begin accepting applications.
Last week the Phoenix Post Office was looking for applicants to fill 90 mail handlers’ assistant positions.
Haas said the new openings are a result of some career employees being offered early retirement.
“Over the past year or so we’ve had a couple of opportunities for early retirement that people have taken advantage of,” Haas said. “So, we are doing a little bit of hiring in the Valley and it’s a great opportunity for people who might want to take a look at working for the Postal Service.”
Applications are open until Sunday March 31st, 2013 and must be submitted online to the Postal Service’s website. Visit , and select “Arizona” to find available positions.
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick