SCOTTSDALE — The Scottsdale post office is the latest Valley branch to begin hiring, and the second this month.
The branch announced Friday they are looking to hire about 30 new city carrier Assistants, which Peter Haas, a spokesman with the Phoenix Post Office, said will help with street deliveries.
“We’re looking for letter carrier assistants which will help deliver mail on the street to our customers,” Haas said.
The starting pay for the position is $15 per hour and offers limited benefits through the first year of employment.
Applicants must be 18-years-old or a high school graduate to apply, and must also have a good driving record.
“You have to have a valid state driver’s license with a safe driving record,” Haas said, “and at least two years of documented driving experience.”
Background checks and drug tests will also be given, and veteran preferences will be honored.
Hours may vary based on the volume of mail, but should average approximately 20 hours per week, according to a press release.
Even though the Postal Service has experienced financial trouble on a national level, Scottsdale is the second valley branch to begin accepting applications.
Last week the Phoenix Post Office was looking for applicants to fill 90 mail handlers’ assistant positions.
Haas said the new openings are a result of some career employees being offered early retirement.
“Over the past year or so we’ve had a couple of opportunities for early retirement that people have taken advantage of,” Haas said. “So, we are doing a little bit of hiring in the Valley and it’s a great opportunity for people who might want to take a look at working for the Postal Service.”
Applications are open until Sunday March 31st, 2013 and must be submitted online to the Postal Service’s website. Visit , and select “Arizona” to find available positions.
- New bone marrow procedure holds promise for healing pain
- The best places to celebrate Fall in Phoenix
- Infamous athletes who did the most time for their crimes
- 2016 baseball highlights, bloopers and blunders
- See how CFOs really feel about business in the Valley
- The best television shows on the internet
- A preseason guide to avoid holiday weight gain
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck