Phoenix made one of the largest job jumps in the country when it comes to construction-related jobs.
The Phoenix Business Journal reported that metro Phoenix saw an increase of 6,000 jobs in the construction field, the fourth-largest job jump in the nation.
Though jobs in the field have increased, construction companies are in dire need of skilled workers after the economic crash caused a shortage.
“Between the challenges of attracting new recruits and retaining out-of-work ones, there aren’t that many skilled workers waiting for a callback in many parts of the country,” said Stephen Sandherr, CEO of the AGCA, said in the report. “If the industry continues to add jobs, it won’t be long before contractors in some parts of the country are scrambling to find enough skilled workers to meet demand.”
Data from the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics showed that the construction job increase brought the Valley’s workforce up to 88,500.
Phoenix was a part of the 43 percent of metro areas that saw job increases across the nation, with Dallas, TX having the largest gain of 10,000 jobs. Los Angeles followed with an increase of 9,600.
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Water tips to save money, help save the Earth
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips
- 7 films that should have won best-picture Oscars
- New plumbing technology saves money and improves your home
- Survey shows Arizona CFOs optimistic about 2016
- How chronic pain can affect your love life
- 5 potential warning signs about your child's development