GLENDALE, Ariz. — The Nevada Legislature is considering a bill that would allow for medical marijuana dispensaries in the Silver State.
On Friday, several Nevada lawmakers toured the Valley’s only dispensary, Arizona Organics in Glendale, to get a feel for what dispensaries are like.
“We wanted to come to somewhere where it’s very small and very tightly regulated, just to see how it works,” said Nevada State Se. Tick Sagerbloom, the bill’s sponsor.
Arizona Organics co-owner Bill Myer was honored to host the visit.
“We have nothing to hide,” he said. “We’re very proud of the way we’re operational. We’re very proud of the state’s program, and we’re willing to show it to them.”
Sagerbloom said the Nevada bill is patterned after Arizona’s law.
“It provides for a limited number of dispensaries like this. It allows for growing it. It’s highly regulated, and if you have a medical marijuana card, you can come to a place like this and purchase the marijuana.”
Nevada voters approved dispensaries in 2000, but Sagerbloom said “we’re just getting around to implementing it.”
He said that, unlike Arizona, dispensaries in Nevada will be “for-profit” companies. Arizona Organics is a non-profit group.
The Nevada Legislature is expected to have its first vote on the bill on April 12.
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick